Tropical Storm Charley

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The tropical depression in the Caribbean has been upgraded to a tropical storm, the third of this season. The forecasters are presently predicting that it will stay well south of the Dominican Republic but will affect Jamaica.

carlamarini

Jun 24, 2004
Question about the storm

Ken said:
The tropical depression in the Caribbean has been upgraded to a tropical storm, the third of this season. The forecasters are presently predicting that it will stay well south of the Dominican Republic but will affect Jamaica.

Ken,
I actually have a question about the storm, I am planning on going to Bavaro Beach on 8/14 for a week and am concerned about the weather, any insight on what may be in store for that area weather wise with relation to this storm? Sorry for asking a question about your post but am very curious and nervous. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Carla ;)

carlamarini

Jun 24, 2004
Ken said:
Why are you apologizing?

Stop worrying about Charley. Here is the anticipated track for this storm http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT03/refresh/AL0304W+GIF/101453W.gif

You can see it is well south of the DR, and, besides, it will probably be out of the area altogether before you get to the DR

Ken,

Thanks for taking the time out to reply to my question. I hope that it will be over and done with by the time I arrive but in any case I am sure it will be enjoyable. :)

Carla