Moving to DR and citizenship

joonasdf

Aug 11, 2004
Hello!

I want to move to DR and obtain citizenship. I have a good reason for the citizenship so please do not question me need for it. I have clean records so it has nothing to do with illegalities. Thanks!

Which lawyer do you recommend and why? How much would the total cost be from first action to gaining the citizenship? How long I need to stay in DR and how often during this process?

What are DR's requirements for my financial status? How about DR taxing my international investments and income?

Any negatives coming with citizenship?

A lot of questions in my mind about DR, but lets get the basics first
:)

OK, one more, how much are rents for small clean and safe apartments
in some good location?

Thank you!

joonasdf

Aug 11, 2004
Ok

I've read that and the material from drlawyer.com and many other sites. They still don't answer my questions specifically, so I turn to you. I've read this board for over a year and I'm currently taking the first steps to moving to DR. So please welcome me to your wonderful community :)

Thanks!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Welcome.

I paid 1000 US for my temp residency
I paid 1000 US for my perm residency
My friend is currently going through the citizenship with an attorney in S.D. and is paying 800 US for that.

You need about 3 months to get the temp. You have to wait a year for the permanent and another for the citizenship according to my inquiries. I am going to go for the citizenship also.

There is no telling what the tax ramifications are going to be because of the way the government has cooked the economy and reserves and the closeness to being bankrupt.

Contact Coastal on this board for Attorney in S.D. for citizenship and pm me if you want the attorney I used at the prices I quoted.

Scott

joonasdf

Aug 11, 2004
3 months

I need to be physically in DR at the first time, but do I need to personally recieve my cedula after three months or could my lawyer handle that and send it to me?

This is to know how long my first holiday would be! :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Al-Queda only gives him three months to set up citizenship process

How do we know who this person is?

Why must any person have to get DR citizenship?

Something smells and it ain't the fish rotting in the freezers or that cheese from Denmark..

Sorry, but I for one would not really do much for this person until I know a whole lot more....a whole freakin' lot more....

Touchy area, hyuh?

:(:(

HB

joonasdf

Aug 11, 2004
The reason

I'm from Finland. I'm an IT professional running security consulting and software development business. It's very cold in here and I've dreamt all my life to be able to live somewhere tropical. DR seems like a good choice.

So, why permanent residency isn't enough? Let me tell you. We have mandatory military service here in Finland and I value my time and freedom so much I will not be draft no matter what. To avoid prison or forced to work for free I want to obtain dual citizenship. Dual citizenships are exempt from military service.

So there's my reason, now you know it. I just didn't want to shout it out in a public forum like this just to keep low profile about my matters.

Lottusflower

Dec 15, 2003
Good Lawyer!!!

Go visit Dr. Mar?a Fernandez at Adams, Guzman & Asociates, she is a collegue of mine who handleded very well a case for a friend in that area and according to my friend was very responsible..... plus speaks great english.... her phone is 809-686-1000....

Good luck with your process...

LotI

joonasdf

Aug 11, 2004
Thanks!

Already heard good things about Guzman. So as I understood it, I need to present in DR at day one to start the process and a day after 90 days from the start.

I'd like to live that time in DR and would need an apartment and Internet connection. Would also be nice to meet some of you from this board! :)

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
As a citizen, you will be taxed immediately on any income worldwide from your financial investments (Articles 269 and 271 of the Tax Code).

The good news is that Dominican Internal Revenue has not enforced this provision . . . yet.

My firm (Guzman Ariza - www.drlawyer.com) provides assistance in immigration matters including naturalization (citizenship) applications.

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
If you can speak Spanish then you don?t need a lawyer at all to get your residency but it will take you a lot more time. If you are going to stay here while you apply then that is an option that will cost you next to nothing but from my experience, the lawyer comes in very handy because of connections in immigrations and simply knowing exactly what paperwork is needed.

If I had to do it all again tomorrow then I would do it myself.