Rent or buy a car?

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
We are coming to Puerto Plata in the beginning of September and are considering to either rent a car a buy a cheap one to drive with while we are there. We need especially advice about buying a car, how does the buying procedure work in DR regarding traffic insurance etc. In case we decide to buy a car it must be a cheap one because we intend to donate it to some friend when we leave. I'm sure those of you who currently live in DR are able to give some advice about which alternative is to prefer. Also, how bad is the situation with the gas supply? I have read some disturbing news about gas supply problems.

The traffic in DR is no problem for us. We have been driving there before.

Please reply to me.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You may want to say if you are there for the weekend or for a year since that would be pretty important in the cost/benefit analysis.

Chareena

Apr 3, 2004
janssoncarina.blogspot.com
ricktoronto said:
You may want to say if you are there for the weekend or for a year since that would be pretty important in the cost/benefit analysis.

We are staying only for 2 weeks. Earlier we have both borrowed a car and rented a car. Renting a car for 2 weeks is quite expensive and borrowing a car is too risky because it is probably not insured.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
When you buy a cheap car, you are buying a potential problem. If you are only staying for two weeks, doesn't make sense to buy a car.