can someone

Jun 28, 2004
provide a link or brand name for the shower heads that provide hot water that have been mentioned?

james

Jan 14, 2002
Shower Heads

Maxi CORONA is one brand. They are available in most of the large and smaller hardware stores. (Most come from Italy or Brasil I believe)
I have used one for the last 18 years. have burned out 3 in that time. Cost approx US$25. To be 100% safe they MUST BE GROUNDED. I ran a separate ground wire to the exterior of house and attached to a copper ground rod...also available in most hardwares. They come in 2 or 3 WATTAGES?.approx 3000 Watts and 4000 Watts.
As they are only turned on for duration of a shower they consume an insignificant amount of electricity.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
To be repeated, they MUST BE GROUNDED!! You DO NOT want to touch that thing while it's running if it's not grounded! Personal experience speaking!

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
No way Jose...

KateP said:
To be repeated, they MUST BE GROUNDED!! You DO NOT want to touch that thing while it's running if it's not grounded! Personal experience speaking!
You'd have to drag me in there kicking and screaming. I don't care how many ground wires you put on the blasted thing, they are dangerous. Water and electricity are not a good mix.
110 volts can kill, when you can't let go, and that's what happens when you're standing in water and you get electrocuted. There is no escape.
You might as well slide me down a 50 foot razor blade into a bowl of Iodine, rather than try to get me in the shower with one of those things.

Jun 28, 2004
pretty pic u paint rocky

seems like a good idea though
i was hoping to find one with a UL sticker or the likes. guess not.
thanks

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
I used them for years while living in CR. Not sure about here but there they are wired with 220 and many are not properly grounded. The gringos called them suicide showers but I don't know of anyone that was killed by one. If you got too close to the shower head you would get a nice zap. Much more effective than a cup of coffee to wake you up.

Argo

*** Sin Bin ***
Aug 5, 2004
Propane water heaters

gringo in dr said:
I used them for years while living in CR. Not sure about here but there they are wired with 220 and many are not properly grounded. The gringos called them suicide showers but I don't know of anyone that was killed by one. If you got too close to the shower head you would get a nice zap. Much more effective than a cup of coffee to wake you up.

We have a great little water heater in our home , very common here. It is about 10 kilos, 50 c x80c and is propane fired, The water line runs into one end and when a hot water tap is opened, the propane ignites the jest around an internal copper coil and instant hot water with no waste as you don't heat a tank for a quick shower or lot of plates

Having 220 Volts on a shower head sounds insane to me (How about just tossing an electric heater into the tub to heat your bath), never heard of it before, likely not allowed in most countries due to liability

A>