Best way to power a new constuction

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If one had a choice of type of electrical service to provide for a new construction project what suggestions does the board have? Would your thinking be different if the new construction was a cluster of (5) homes , not just one? If the suggestion is one common operating plant for all five homes(using a generator for example) can the homes be metered for usage?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, they can be metered if served by a common generator.

My thinking has changed considerably recently, given the problems with the grid and the rising cost of oil. Our condo complex now paying more than twice for diesel what we were when the budget was prepared.

If starting fresh, I'd be inclined to consider putting an inverter in each unit and a generator to keep the batteries charged.

WINSTRIC

Jan 7, 2003
johne said:
If one had a choice of type of electrical service to provide for a new construction project what suggestions does the board have? Would your thinking be different if the new construction was a cluster of (5) homes , not just one? If the suggestion is one common operating plant for all five homes(using a generator for example) can the homes be metered for usage?

I have a thought or 2. new number760/8092933. I trust all is well!

W. Strickland

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
We just moved into an aprt in Costambar with inverter and a generator. Before we lived in an aprt with only a generator and with these long power cuts we suffered may hours a day with no light or water.

This new place also has a water tank on the roof so the inverter does not run the water pump but gravity takes care of that...the fridge is still an issue but most of the fans and lights are on 24/7 if we need/want them on.

This is the way to go for sure.