bachatero/a in SDQ?

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I am loooking for advanced classes in bachata shines in SDQ. I will arrive in SDQ on 11/9 and will be there for the weekend. I would appreciate advanced bachata classes to brush up on my shines for that weekend.

Would anybody have info on a good teacher?

Thanks,

MD

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Bachata

Are you only going to be dancing one weekend? SDQ is definitely the wrong place to be then, the trendy clubs hardly play any bachata at all in the capital.

I don't know about teachers but hook up with a taxidriver, let him take you to a bachata concert in a carwash somewhere in the outskirts of SDQ, talk to a local bachata dancer who's shines you like, treat him to some Presidente and ask him to teach you his moves the next day. Or otherwise go to the Cibao or the North/East, that's where bachata rules.
You can also try some of the salsa danceschools in SDQ (see another thread), they probably can teach you more bachata as well.

Have Fun
Bartolomeo

MerengueDutchie said:
I am loooking for advanced classes in bachata shines in SDQ. I will arrive in SDQ on 11/9 and will be there for the weekend. I would appreciate advanced bachata classes to brush up on my shines for that weekend.

Would anybody have info on a good teacher?

Thanks,

MD

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
thanks for the tip

Bartolomeo67 said:
Are you only going to be dancing one weekend? SDQ is definitely the wrong place to be then, the trendy clubs hardly play any bachata at all in the capital.

I don't know about teachers but hook up with a taxidriver, let him take you to a bachata concert in a carwash somewhere in the outskirts of SDQ, talk to a local bachata dancer who's shines you like, treat him to some Presidente and ask him to teach you his moves the next day. Or otherwise go to the Cibao or the North/East, that's where bachata rules.
You can also try some of the salsa danceschools in SDQ (see another thread), they probably can teach you more bachata as well.

Have Fun
Bartolomeo

I'll trade him some salsa for bachata :)