Car rentals Sosua/Cabarete

DominicanHeart

Jul 2, 2004
For those of you who live in the area or spend alot of time, can you recommend someone for car rentals in the area? I checked the airport and they are twice as expensive as in the US. We're going to need 2 vehicles for one week in February. Any info would be appreciated.

Christine

DominicanHeart

Jul 2, 2004
It's not so much that we're taking any trips. It's that there will be 9 people in our group and the house is in Cabarete. I'm sure people will want to break away for a couple hours here and there. I also want to make sure everyone sees the beautiful beaches of Sosua and I don't want to have to make arrangements for a driver every time we have to leave the house.
So is there a place in particular you would recommend renting from?

Christine

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
So.............is there a company though that someone might be able to suggest for car hire?

Gua Gua's are no good for my situation.....

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I have rented cars 7 times from this small rental agency that is on the side street to "The waterfront" hotel and rest. I forgot what it is called, but it has a tweety bird on the side of the small shack, it is just around the corner from the Casa Marina AI. I only pay 22.00 - 24.00 US for a car that usually has less than 50,000 Km and also has air. They will negotiate and you can talk them down.

They ask for a passport or a credit card. Since I don't like leaving my passport, I let them make a rubbing of an EXPIRED credit card (I know they will never be able to charge anything on it)

Hope this helps

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
we always rent from Universal Rental which is on beach side right in the middle of Cabarete. We rent for about $30 a day for a Toyota Corrola. They will meet you at the airport to hand you the cars. their website is

http://www.universalcarrental.com

Their published prices are negotiable.

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
JanH said:
we always rent from Universal Rental which is on beach side right in the middle of Cabarete. We rent for about $30 a day for a Toyota Corrola. They will meet you at the airport to hand you the cars. their website is

http://www.universalcarrental.com

Their published prices are negotiable.

Jan - What documents do they require for rental? Is it safe to give them your credit card? Do they let you pay in cash? Thanks

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
Sosua car rental

Hi Christine,
I have rented from Bohio Rent-A-Car in Sosua, william_cg@yahoo.com, (809) 571-4661, he will meet you at the airport with the car. The best I have done is $27 usd/day for a Toyota Corolla.
Good luck.
Ken

LaPinea

Mar 18, 2004
Do you guys have the same info for Santo Domingo? It doesnt have to be in or near the airport, I can pick it up in the city.

I always rent from the bigger names (rented from Avis, Dollar, Hertz, etc), however, always looking for a bargain...

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Car Rental in Sosua

DominicanHeart said:
For those of you who live in the area or spend alot of time, can you recommend someone for car rentals in the area? I checked the airport and they are twice as expensive as in the US. We're going to need 2 vehicles for one week in February. Any info would be appreciated.

Christine

Hi Christine ... I have a friend who has her own car rental in Sosua.. her name is Andrea .. she has around 8 cars and always takes care of them ie. maintenance, kept clean .. her telephone number is 571 1578.

Good luck and have a wonderful time here in the DR.