Anyone Moving to Puerto Plata

andie222

May 23, 2004
Just was wondering if anyone is planning to move to Puerto Plata in the next few months. I am moving there in November for approx 4 months. It would be great to meet others who are doing the same.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
andie222 said:
Just was wondering if anyone is planning to move to Puerto Plata in the next few months. I am moving there in November for approx 4 months. It would be great to meet others who are doing the same.

What are doing when you get down there?? A/S/L???

andie222

May 23, 2004
Moving to Puerto Plata

I am moving from Ontario, Canada. I am hoping to find some work but if I don't, I will have enough money saved to live there for approx 4 months. What is the rent like in Costambar? I

caro

Sep 24, 2003
hello

I was living 3 month in costambar (april / june) at hotel-apart villa mexico.the cost was 10 000 pesos/month for 1 bedroom appartement, a/c , 24/7 water and elecrticity ,hot water, pool, maid monday to saturday,5 min to the beach.
the only thing when you live is costambar is you need a car or like me take motoconcho or taxi but you have to have also money for that.

andie222

May 23, 2004
Moving to Puerto Plata

That rent sounds quite reasonable. Does anyone know of anything like this right in the city?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Are you sure you want to live in the 'city' of Puerto Plata? Its very noisy and dirty, sort of like living in a bee-hive (the bees are the moto-conchos). I guess it has some good areas too, but I would go insane in others.

mgjan

May 12, 2004
we are moving there too

hi there ,
we are moving to puerto plata , sosua area in about 3 weeks
get in touch
janet,shelley,sara,jayden

andie222

May 23, 2004
Moving to Puerto Plata

Hi. Do you already have an apartment there? Are you all going to work down there? I have been to Puerto Plata three times in the past year and can't wait to go again - this time for a much longer period of time. Please reply.

mgjan

May 12, 2004
hi andi

yes we have a house to rent in playa laguna, im not sure what work i will be doing, but will hopefully find something there..the pschyciatric hospital is a good bet for me as thats where i work now...what are your plans?? janet

andie222

May 23, 2004
Moving to Puerto Plata

Hi Jan,
My plans are to hopefully find some type of work there. I have a lot of experience in the tourism industry as well as restaurants. I am also a licensed esthetician (skin, nails, massage, etc.). I am not too fussy on what I do for work down there, just as long as I get something. I'd be quite bored if I didn't work. How did you find the house you are going to be renting?

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
Finding a place to rent is not the easiest thing in the D.R. the best places and lowest rent don?t have a sign outside it?s a matter of knowing someone who knows someone who knows someone that has a place for rent.

We got taken for a ride when we first moved here but learned quickly and moved out of Puerto Plata to Costambar.

There are many place for rent here or in the city and if it?s just a one bed you are looking for make sure you?ll have a planta (generator), and/or inverter and find out if there is a schedule for the planta and try to rent for Pesos not equivalent in Dollars so that way if you earn Pesos you pay Pesos and your rent does not go up and down according to the Dollar?s movements.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
moving for 4 months as well

andie222 said:

I am also planning to move to Puerto Plata for 4 months commencing in May. I have visited several times before and I am considering making it a permanent move all depending on how the 4 months turn out. Hey!! I am also Canadian!!

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Already spent 4 months there and am going back in A WEEK for another however months (VERY EXCITED) !! And yes, I'm Canadian too. (If the name isn't obvious enough as it is :) )

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians living in the DR. May you have turkey and pie! ;)

toby

Dec 8, 2003
..what a move!

lilcanadiangal said:
Already spent 4 months there and am going back in A WEEK for another however months (VERY EXCITED) !! And yes, I'm Canadian too. (If the name isn't obvious enough as it is :) )

OK, I have to admit to being a mother with a curious mind... why all of a sudden such a large group of young Canadian girls leaving for the DR. Is the reason that there are no jobs here in Canada,? is it your gap year from school?, are there some special men waiting?, or just plain adventure your looking for?, has the club scene gotten so bad here in Canada? It can't be because the winter is coming...you girls are used to cold weather...
I hope you have a safe and happy time in the DR. Be careful and watch out for one another. (And remember to call home once in a while so your parents won't worry)
Cheers Toby

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
It's the men MOM!

Of course it's the men but don't worry they be back home in two to three months after they see how things work down here....

paul&beata

Apr 7, 2004
something for rent

andie222 said:
Hallo!
We (me and my boyfrend) live in very nice area in Puerto Plata. We have 2 bedroom apartment and dont use the secend bedroom. If you are interesting in that we can rent it.