Internet flat-rate?

27gipsy27

Nov 11, 2003
Hi out there,
I've been giving a lot of help already from you girls and guys regarding my 3-months stay in Cabarete. Thank you!!
There is another (two) question I have. Is there a flat rate existing for a dial-up Internet-Line (this is what I have in the hotel I booked)?? Which is the best provider I can choose?
The second one is: I'd like to play Tennis but have not been on a court for about 10 years. Could somebody recommend a tennis-court in Cabarete and is there anybody to give lessons??
Thanks again for information
gipsy

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
Up and till failry recently, internet access for short term visitors was a big problem. Fine if you want to check email once a day in one of the many internet cafes or hotel receptions, but your own private access for long periods of work proved very difficult.

Now its a little easier as verizon sell a internet access "phone card" very simliar to cellphone "pay as you go" but provides you with access to the internet via a toll free 1200 number albiet you have to pay for the card by minutes first. Im not aware of unlimited plans available and you should check with the hotel that they dont charge you for the 1200 number as some larger hotels charge for ALL calls even though technically its a toll free number.

On the back of the card you scratch off a PIN number and acceess code and dial the number shown for connection through your laptop.

Perhaps someone else can give more info on this as i dont know the finer details.

claudius_2k

Apr 10, 2003
verizon and centennial are offering 3g, if you have a laptop may be the best solution, 1700 pesos / month for about 12k/s speed. You need a GTRAN PCMCIA card, or a 3g phone.

I'm using cenntenial but probably check verizon soon.

I think they have signal in cabarete but check before, I checked centennial in playa dorada and was ok, but not in puerto plata center.

regards