Any shipping company to SD besides Fedex and DHL?

Dominicanstar

Aug 18, 2004
I am trying to find a "servicios de envios" to DR other than Fedex and DHL in the DC/VA/MD area. I need to send a box of food and clothes to one of my relatives there.
The prices of Fedex and DHL are out of my budget. Any ideas?
Thank you for your help.
Dominicanstar

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
UPS, Jet Pack, Priority Express, EPS, P.O. Box International... just to name a few...

SalsaBlondie

Aug 28, 2003
Dominicanstar said:
I am trying to find a "servicios de envios" to DR other than Fedex and DHL in the DC/VA/MD area. I need to send a box of food and clothes to one of my relatives there.
The prices of Fedex and DHL are out of my budget. Any ideas?
Thank you for your help.
Dominicanstar

USPS.. i sent usps before insured. it got there in 2 days i think..

try also the private mailbox services someone else mentioned on another thread.. maybe they will be cheaper.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I saw an advertisement for a shipping company door-to-door in Manna Restaurnat in Silver Springs, MD It's a dominican restaurant.

My husband and I just sent over 100 lb box with a computer and clothes door- to- door from NYC where he has relatives for only $85, plus they will take a free saco of rice and gallon of oil, however we didn't know that so hadn't bought any....

It takes 15 days to get there, I think it's via sea.....

If it was all clothes is would cost $75
If it was all food it would be $90
Because it was a mix of stuff it's only $85 no matter what the weight, just as long as it fits in the one box....

I haven't heard of anything like that around the DC metro area....however I did find out there are transport vans that go door to door from NYC to DC area for about the same price as greyhound.... just a FYI

SalsaBlondie

Aug 28, 2003
kjdrga said:
I saw an advertisement for a shipping company door-to-door in Manna Restaurnat in Silver Springs, MD It's a dominican restaurant.

My husband and I just sent over 100 lb box with a computer and clothes door- to- door from NYC where he has relatives for only $85, plus they will take a free saco of rice and gallon of oil, however we didn't know that so hadn't bought any....

It takes 15 days to get there, I think it's via sea.....

If it was all clothes is would cost $75
If it was all food it would be $90
Because it was a mix of stuff it's only $85 no matter what the weight, just as long as it fits in the one box....

I haven't heard of anything like that around the DC metro area....however I did find out there are transport vans that go door to door from NYC to DC area for about the same price as greyhound.... just a FYI

i love manna, when i pass by there next i will look for that! :-D