Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice beach near Santa Domingo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice beach near Santa Domingo

We are flying into Santa Domingo and looking for a nice beach/ hotel that is't too far away. I am pregnant and we have a 2 yr. old. We are not usually into big resorts/ AI. Heard something about La Romana but have no details. Help!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is Santa Domingo?

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunab
    We are flying into Santa Domingo and looking for a nice beach/ hotel that is't too far away. I am pregnant and we have a 2 yr. old. We are not usually into big resorts/ AI. Heard something about La Romana but have no details. Help!
    "Santa" Domingo is a fat guy in a red suit that brings gifts, I guess on Sundays (e.g. domingo) .

***Santo *** Domingo is the capital and is near Boca Chica (the airport is closer to Boca Chica than it is to the city). Also Juan Dolio is not much farther and La Romana is a lot more.

Stay in Boca Chica, see www.bocachicabeach.net for all sorts of non-AI opportunities at all sorts of prices. For a family, maybe the Zapata which is right on the beach itself.

Pray tell you bought tickets to SDQ without knowing what to do when you got there? Because if you want to go to the resort cities like La Romana, Puerto Plata, or Punta Cana you can actually fly to those airports.

Post Thanks / Like

Default type-o

Well, I was a little surprized at the hostility that my type-o generated. Usually people who respond to postings are a little more good natured. No, I am not an idiot. I have free FF miles and tickets reserved to go to SANTO DOMINGO. Just trying to see if we can make a last minute trip, work. If anyone has anything helpful to tell me I would still appreciate a response. Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaunab, I believe Ricktoronto's reply is very helpful. Boca Chica may be your best option. Don't worry about the tone of the message, (so it was a typo, now we know, you'd be surprised the number of people who write in and don't know the difference you got the most qualified person here to answer you and he gave you good advice you should follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunab
    Well, I was a little surprized at the hostility that my type-o generated. Usually people who respond to postings are a little more good natured. No, I am not an idiot. I have free FF miles and tickets reserved to go to SANTO DOMINGO. Just trying to see if we can make a last minute trip, work. If anyone has anything helpful to tell me I would still appreciate a response. Thanks
    Last edited by Forbeca; 08-18-2004 at 03:23 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BC Night life

If you plan on doing sight seeing of BC at night, it might not be the most suitable for chlidren... if you know what I mean...An AI in BC will keep you in a protectced environment though.

La Romana or Bayahibe are calmer.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

...but further. You could also try Juan Dolio which is good for families and it's just a bit further than Boca Chica...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Advise

Quote Originally Posted by KateP
    ...but further. You could also try Juan Dolio which is good for families and it's just a bit further than Boca Chica...
    For a family Kate is right. The difference is 10-15 minutes by cab on the same exact road that takes you to BC

JOHN

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

For a family with a two-year old, Boca Chica will be fine, with the big plus of being 15 minutes drive from the airport. Have been out there swimming in the beach recently taking my sons to sailing camp, and then sailing lessons on Saturdays, and the beach has a gorgeous look and feel to it.

The Hamaca is an all inclusive, but would recommend it. Let us know how things go when you get back.

http://dr1.com/directories/hotels/coral_hamaca.shtml

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Default But Limited

Quote Originally Posted by KateP
    Very few non AI resorts and the OP was willing, God bless her to try a real hotel. Juan Dolio is totally dull unless you are trapped in AI hell. Tehn ti si a different kind of dull.

Zapata is more than adequate in BC and not all that close to the "night life", and little kids would not be out that late when it is iffy anyway.

And to the OP - Shaunab - free reward tickets to LRM PUJ or POP should be the same miles as ones to SDQ. Caribbean is Caribbean, with AA for example.

And cool your jets on the hostility trauma, sensitive blossom or what? Sheesh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast