Need directions to Cafeto Bar

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Hi all - How do I get to Cafeto Bar from Cabarete and how far is it? Should I hail a cab or is a rental car best? Finally, is it open seven days? Pls. advise. Thanks

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Dominican Babe said:
Haven't heard of Cafeto, where is it? Do you mean Cafe Cito?

It's called Cafeto and it's on a hilltop w/a beautiful paisaje. The person that recommended it cannot recall which carretera to take. He said to simply tell the [cab] driver to take me there. However, if its a distance, a cab ride may be too expensive so a rental may be best. I need directions to it though.

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Hillbilly - Pls. help!

Hi HB - I searched for Cafeto Bar and your name popped up everytime. Can you pls. give me driving directions to it from Cabarete? Also, do you think it's best to rent a car to get there or simply hire a cab? Mil gracias!

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Bar Cafeto

Head out of Cabarete towards Sabaneta.
Turn right at Sabaneta heading towards Moca.
Stay on the mountain road for 30 mins and you will arrive at Bar Cafeto.
The views are stunning both en route and once there.
Take a taxi if you are drinking.
enjoy

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
gjsuk said:
Head out of Cabarete towards Sabaneta.
Turn right at Sabaneta heading towards Moca.
Stay on the mountain road for 30 mins and you will arrive at Bar Cafeto.
The views are stunning both en route and once there.
Take a taxi if you are drinking.
enjoy

Thanks!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Cafeto and Rancho La Cumbre

Sukie said:
They are right next to each other and I personally prefer Rancho La Cumbre.
The view is always better early in the morning before the heat sets into the Cibao valley and obscures the view.
Afternoons are nice as well, although the view may not be as clear, as it's so nice and cool up there.

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
Rocky said:
They are right next to each other and I personally prefer Rancho La Cumbre.
The view is always better early in the morning before the heat sets into the Cibao valley and obscures the view.
Afternoons are nice as well, although the view may not be as clear, as it's so nice and cool up there.

Very nice Rocky. Thanks! I'm traveling w/a bunch of first timers and I want to show them the beauty of the island. I just found out that El Cemi closed so I'm scrambling to find a restaurant with a similar view. It sounds like either one will do nicely. Thanks again.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Stuffed crepes in bechamel sauce with pineapple jam

Sukie said:
Very nice Rocky. Thanks! I'm traveling w/a bunch of first timers and I want to show them the beauty of the island. I just found out that El Cemi closed so I'm scrambling to find a restaurant with a similar view. It sounds like either one will do nicely. Thanks again.
If you do choose to eat at Rancho La Cumbre, you must try the stuffed crepes. The chicken and the vegetable ones are the best.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I was there just a week ago. Great views and the restaurant/bar is also OK. I don't think a lot of people visit there, though. The day I went is was just us and another couple in the whole restaurant.
It may be a little too far from Puerto Plata for a taxi, but if you're drinking or have never driven in The DR (specially in the mountains) maybe you should let someone else do the driving.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
suarezn said:
I was there just a week ago. Great views and the restaurant/bar is also OK. I don't think a lot of people visit there, though. The day I went is was just us and another couple in the whole restaurant.
It may be a little too far from Puerto Plata for a taxi, but if you're drinking or have never driven in The DR (specially in the mountains) maybe you should let someone else do the driving.
What is your point of departure?
Puerto Plata or Cabarete?