Haciendas de Choco

Johnnycake

Jul 29, 2004
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Haciendas de Choco? The prices seem pretty good for what you get. Is there a negative I'm missing?

Thank you for any thoughts!

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
I've been there and there are some monster homes that I was surprised to find out there in the middle of nowhere.

Other then the zero cell phone reception issue I?ve not heard anything negative but I have not asked the valid questions like power, water but the security is very tight!

Also, if you are planning to build you have to get plans approved by them and use their builders or so I?ve been told.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I have lots just across the street at Lomas Mironas and Orange Cell phones work well since there is a tower within view and I get Verizon service there also although it is a weak signal.

Lots are big in Haciendas El Choco and homes are pretty big. They even paved the main road to the property from Rock road so pretty easy getting up there these days. Security was tight there and I was denied entry the only time I tried.

At the time I looked at lots there on the internet I thought that they were a little pricey but if they are the same as they were 1.5 years ago I now think they are a bargain. 48k sticks in my mind for a good sized lot but it could have been swamp or a most of it unbuildable because I never looked at it.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yes, security is tight. But do call them and ask to visit and they will allow this. I am friends with the administrator, so if anyone wants to have a look "inside the wall" of Haciendas el choco, let me know and I can put you in touch with her to arrange a visit.

Johnnycake

Jul 29, 2004
Chris said:
Yes, security is tight. But do call them and ask to visit and they will allow this. I am friends with the administrator, so if anyone wants to have a look "inside the wall" of Haciendas el choco, let me know and I can put you in touch with her to arrange a visit.[/QUO

Johnnycake

Jul 29, 2004
Thank You

Thank you so much for your replies. I'll be there next week but will return in December for a 3 or 4 month visit to really get educated. I'd love to take you up on your offer Chris to get inside the walls then.

Again, thank you all for your valuable info.