Need a long-term rental in SD

MarieD

May 12, 2004
I am moving top SD in one week. I am looking for an apartment in a safe neighborhood. I am a student and hope to find something for under 350$ per month. Also, I would prefer two bedrooms and constant electricity. Thanks for any suggestions.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Two Bedrooms",NO PROBLEM!

But there is "no such thing" as constant electricity in the DR!!!!
People will say that an "Inversor" will give you constant electricity,not so!They have to be charged,and if there is no electricity,you can't charge the batteries.
People will say ,or "USED" to say,"My building has a "Planta"(generator)so we "always" have power.Not Anymore! You have to buy Diesel fuel to run your planta! The amount needed now was not budgeted for in the monthly maint.costs(Shared) so most buildings shut down for several hours,several times per day!Many "Plantas" have died due to poor maint.,or just "run to death".
Just remember,you will be "Sold" eemergency power 24/7! But that is not the case! CCCCC

rubia_gringa

May 19, 2004
If you're not looking for anything too fancy, but in a considerably safe neighborhood (Bella Vista), I used to live in a 7000 pesos/month apartment there. A retired general has 5 studio/1 bedroom apartments on top of his house. They are prefurnished, all utilities paid, and they even have cable. They also have a landline set up for you with Codetel (my bill was about 500 pesos each month - the only bill that you have to pay). Their maintenance man is a family friend, and the retired general and the maintenance man fix anything that goes wrong fairly promptly. When I lived there, an American and her Dominican spouse lived in one apartment, and two other foreign couples lived in the other two apartments. The roof top served as a nice place to relax at night and enjoy the tranquil neighborhood. You'd be right by a grocery store (2 blocks - walking distance), public transporation routes, Bella Vista Mall, restaurants, etc. If you want to know more about it (address, person to contact, more details about amenities), PM me and I'll see if I can find the landlord's phone number. I'm sure I have it written down somewhere. Good luck in your apartment search.