tanning salons

sandycheeks1977

Aug 20, 2004
Hi!Does anyone know if there are any tanning salons or spas w/ tanning beds in the capitol? any info would be great!!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Yes there is!

There is - go to the Malecon. Take off the overwrap and wear just the bathing suit. Stand there. You are under the sun at 19 degrees above the equator. Works great.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Hey guys, this is a very important question, I never even thought of asking it, but it's nice to have some color (Golden Color) before getting into that vikini. The real pale (fair skin) ladies know what I'm talking about :ermm:

sandycheeks1977 said:
Hi!Does anyone know if there are any tanning salons or spas w/ tanning beds in the capitol? any info would be great!!

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Forbeca, what is a vikini? :laugh:

If you really want to pay for a suntan you can sunbathe in my patio, It'll only cost you RD$1000 for 20 minutes. Is there any limit to the unnecessary things people feel compelled to spend money on?

Chiri

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Chiri, if you have the money why not spend it?

bikini darling. Had too much wine today. But then you just want to mess w/ me right? Get in line Chiri.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather go to the tanning salon.

Chirimoya said:

If you really want to pay for a suntan you can sunbathe in my patio, It'll only cost you RD$1000 for 20 minutes. Is there any limit to the unnecessary things people feel compelled to spend money on?

Chiri

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Chirimoya said:

Chiri

How nice it is to be naturally tanned. :laugh: one of Gods Blessings

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There probably is a tanning salon somewhere, but don't count on it. This country is filled with people hiding from the sun. Everybody moves from shade to shade! ;)

The exception would be the expats and the tourist I guess.

Its funny seeing some tourist wonder why Dominicans are not out melting in the sun with them at noon. The funny thing is that Dominicans wonder why the tourist are out melting!

So, go figure!

The only tanning salon at these lattitude is the one outside from noon to 3pm. My God, it gets hot!!! and best of all, its free!!!

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
:rolleyes: Not wishing to depart from the light-hearted spirit of the thread, but the saying about a fool and his money being easily parted... keeps on running through my head.

Chiri
(I know it rhymes)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Chirimoya said:

Chiri
Vikini is a small viking. You knew that, Chiri :cheeky:

sandycheeks1977

Aug 20, 2004
Okay maybe it sounds like astupid question, but i'm stuck in a office building all day w/ the ac on full blast, and I don't get to enjoy the sun as much as i like. As for the comment on spending money on stupid things, maybe you should go give financial advice to the girls sending money to their sankies,im sure it will be appriciated. :rolleyes:
sandycheeks

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Please accept my apologies for making judgements and mocking without knowing the specifics.

Hope you find what you are looking for. :classic:

Chiri

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm told... because you can stand up in some of them, you get a very clean, even and all over tan (no tan lines). Also saves the hassle of turning over at the beach and feeling like a roast chicken :)

I'll ask around and find out the good and bad places in SD.