My BIG Question is:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Of the people whom lionel has appointed to the Ministerial Seats, which/who are uniquely qualified, from a practical foundation, to be effective in their individual roles?

Do any of the appointees possess the really necessary backgrounds in the administration of these Ministries? Do they really understand what the true role of their Ministry will be/should be? Or, are the appointments just a continuation of the 'pay-back' methodism that has permiated all previous Administrations.

I ask that question and anticipate affirmation of the last sentence above. However, these men and women must possess some qualifications of expertise in the appointed fields. Is that the case, or not?

While reading some of the backgrounds posted about some of these appointees, I'm left with a rather ambiguous outlook on the true effectiveness of any effective recovery actions initiated/supported by them, effective transparency of the Ministries, and more importantly, whether this Administration will, in fact, succumb to the 'Rule of Law" ,so necessary in any society, in order to truly solve the numerous problems confronting it.

It's something to think about and follow up on. And, should the Administration start 'backsliding' into those old habits previously practiced, then we should stand ready to 'blow the horn' and see if it can be stopped in it's tracks.

Granted, all we ever see is the 'tip of the iceberg', but that should be sufficient warning for a positive action on our part.

Or, do we join others in our acts of complacency and just 'bitch' about what is happening???

Texas Bill

Last edited:

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Regardless of their expertise or background for these roles, granted is the fact that their performance on such roles will not be worse than those of the previous administration for sure.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
The saying that goes "it's not what you know but who you know" couldn't ring truer in the DR. Perfect is example is 'the infamous Hippo'. I mean, for gods sake, the man was a farmer, or an agronomer if you want to get technical and he got to be president. Many from all walks of life have said that the country fit him too big and he got the country in shambles to prove it. But, it never ceases to amaze me how they hire people of their own political party to do any type of job for the Gov. You don't know how to handle it!?.."you got 4 years to learn". I know somebody that was the secretary of tourism in the late 90's and she don't know jack about tourism, her degree on the wall says she's a lawyer, you know what I mean!?. Although this time around I see that the Gov is trumpeting trying to hire people that have the capacity and experience to be assigned to the different jobs available so that's a start. BTW, I email elcaribedotcom asking them to publish an article measuring the experience of the people that hold important jobs so we can see what type of performance to expect. If they honor it and I catch it, i'll plug it in this thread.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I look forward to

hearing what they have to say. Or, if they even reply. Was the request in Spanish or English. if in the latter, it may take a while for it to get to theright person for interpretation and answer.
Yes, I know they have people knowledgable in English on staff ,but does the person at the email outlet know enough to pass the request on???

Texas Bill

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
I sent it in spanish, so they should be able to read it and I addressed it to the big cheese. I just hope they can enlighten us.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I have become somewhat amused at--

the so-called commission on selecting just whom would be selected to fill the many bureaucratic offices in the government.

It seems that they have dropped the ball in filling those jobs, according to today's report on DR1.

A little foresight would have prevented such an occurrance, but I suppose the way is to wait until the last minute to make sure the government runs smoothly through the transition period.

This incident is but one example as to why a professional Civil Service, not beholden to any particular Administration, is so necessary to this country. The chaos, present during every change of Administration, is evidence, prima facia, of such a necessity.

Although I am not sure ANY incumbent administration would have the moral strength to carry out such a change in the 'dominican way of doing things', it would be a very interesting thing to see.

Texas Bill