Lost parcel sent to Monte Llamo, Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen J

Aug 10, 2004
Lost parcel sent to Monte Llano, Puerto Plata

Dear all,

Does anyone know if there are two Monte Llanos in DR?

I have sent two valuable parcels and missed `Puerto Plata` off the address!! What a muppet!

I sent the packages 3 weeks ago and they have not got there yet. I'm not sure where freight air mail gets delivered from UK into DR, but its obviously got lost. I did put the apartment details and street, Monte Llano, Dominican Republic......but no Puerto Plata.

Does anyone know how I could go about tracking it down, or if there is more than one Monte Llano?

Look forward to anyone enlightening me.

Regards

Karen :eek:

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I'm not sure where Monte Llamo is... do know a Monte Llano... could that have caused the confusion?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, first off you are really dumb for using the mails

Kiss it (them) goodbye!!

Only a rookie would use the mails.

For anything of value useonly Business Mail, FedEx or DHL or UPS and maybe one or two other carriers

Bye bye package....

HB :(

Karen J

Aug 10, 2004
I'm still interested to know if there is another Monte Llano.....

I will resend the stuff again, it can be replaced, it's just a pain in the *** and costs $$

A friend sends things all the time from England to DR and it always gets there, but I'll use DHL in future.

Thanks

KJ

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Why don't you try to track down the pkg. before resigning yourself to it being lost..Did you at least insure it?

Karen J said:
I'm still interested to know if there is another Monte Llano.....

I will resend the stuff again, it can be replaced, it's just a pain in the *** and costs $$

A friend sends things all the time from England to DR and it always gets there, but I'll use DHL in future.

Thanks

KJ

Karen J

Aug 10, 2004
No I didn't.....

It was photo albums full of photos that are more sentimental thatn have a monetry value plus took time to put together, it's just a real pain to do it again, but I do have all the digital pictures and will have to do the whole exercise again! I was going to insure it, but didn't this time. I normally always insure but was in a rush and didn't get it done.

Never mind, you live and learn!

Thanks

KJ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is a very small village in the mountains above Salcedo also called Montellano, and there are probably others. Despite this, I don't think the loss of your parcel is the result of innocent confusion.

Chiri

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is one reason that the country is going with postal codes

I really am sorry about the package and it just might turn up if the person goes looking for it at the post office. Funnier things have happened.

It also might be held in the Customs office, since it is a package. So your friend might want to go to the Post Office and see if there is a paper for him or the package....

Have your friend go into Puerto Plata and open an account with Business Mail. Then you send anything via normal Air Mail and it gets to Miami and from then on it is courriered (?sp?) down to him/her.

They charge about $3.50 a pound, somethimes less for packages....

HB :D

schnuffidog

Sep 2, 2003
They might still show up. I have sent parcels from Canada to Puerto Plata and it took 5 weeks + to get there.

Karen J

Aug 10, 2004
It's turned up!!!

Guys

Can you believe this, I just called and it turned up yesterday!! What a coincidence that I posted this and it turned up!!

I am very surprised, and it does restore faith in people, cos I thought it had been nicked!

It took exactly 3 weeks, so I'm really happy.

Thanks for your replies.

Karen :knockedou :knockedou :knockedou

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Good to hear it arrived safely. I suppose a photo album is not something anyone would want to nick.

Chiri

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
So pleased it arrived. Mail from UK to Puerto Plata area via the Post Office is currently taking anywhere from 9 days to 3 weeks. Parcels usually take longer (not that I have any parcels sent this way, see above!).

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Snail mail but at least it arrived. I am glad to hear that it did. I know what that feeling of anxiety is like but next time I think you should use a more secure method. Ample suggestions have been given here.

-LDG

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like I said

It "just might show up!"

Please investigate the alternative methods to avoid these crisis in the future..

HB :D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.