2 lives saved in Munoz river...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am so shocked to see that someone in north coast would perform such a noble deed (saving lives of 2 drowning kids) and yet not receive the recognition that she deserves by the north coast residents. Its sad to see so many people came to bash Diane Pellerin in the thread about her business practices yet not a single one came to pat her on the shoulder when she performed this noble deed of saving lives. I wonder how many of you would have done this yourself instead of calling for outside help?
Here is what I have learned while in sosua last weekend. I had to get my story straight in order to post it on Dr1 and also to wait and see if anyone was interested in giving diane the credit she deserved (not a single one).

This what I have learned :
The event happened in the first day of the Bible week study organized in August, by Christadelfians, for people coming from different parts of the world. While having a fiesta around a roast pork, a neighbor screamed” someone is drowning!” . One of the person attending the gathering was no other than, Diane pellerin (yes the woman who everyone on Dr1 seem to dislike so much). Upon seeing the girl clearly under the water (10-12 feet deep), diane took the plunge with her clothes and shoes intact and moved the girl out of the water as quickly as possible. She instantly performed emergency procedure (CPR), coughing up the water from lungs gave here mouth to mouth resuscitation to bring her back to life. While this was going on, another person yells that there is another kid, still seen under the water (almost lifeless). The brave woman took another dive in to the river and dragged the other body out along with the help of a friend (Orlando) to the safety. People were convinced the 2nd girl was dead as she was all pale and her tongue was white. Diane would not give up the hope and applied her emergency CPR training to good use again. She tired to take out the water from her lungs and then performed mouth to mouth resuscitation until the girls miraculously coughed out water from her lungs and started breathing again on her own. She was taken to a hospital 35 miles away and released after 3 day. Apparently the little girl seems very healthy and happily continued the bible week with her family lodging at Sunset Dream with the other 35 guest of the Bible study.
Now a story like that would certainly make headlines in the local news papers all around USA and Canada if it had happened in their area yet I don’t see a line mentioning of this heroic act anywhere (not even on Dr1) which is performed by an expat who lives among you all. Shame on the people who were the first one to throw dirt on her regarding her business practice and yet not coming forth to give her some credit for saving 2 young lives in Munoz River. I live in Santiago and I have learned about this incident so there is no reason for the people who live in the north coast not to know about it. What do you do all day to be so blind to what is happening around your surroundings? Some of you must have known about this incident yet no one came forth to acknowledge and recognize her noble efforts to give her some credit. Look back at her thread where one of our late posters took the liberty to swing her reputation towards dirt and how shamelessly everyone jumped on the bandwagon to bash her until to the point her business was jeopardized financially. The same people didn’t come forward to mention not even a single word of this life giving gesture that diane had performed for 2 innocent girls who were staying at her apartments.
Lets everyone give diane a big applause for saving 2 lives. I say she should win the “woman of the year" award on DR1 (at least).
AZB

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
edited by Larry....I had a question but answered it myself by rereading the post.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
AZB said:
I had to get my story straight in order to post it on Dr1 and also to wait and see if anyone was interested in giving diane the credit she deserved (not a single one).
AZB
Thanks for the post, Aftab.
Let me first say that I am glad to hear that she saved the 2 kids and she certainly deserves their gratitude.
As for you thinking we should be ashamed for bashing her bad business practices, one has nothing to do with the other, not to mention that I had not even heard the story, if it is accurate.
Let me ask you this, if the guy who robbed you, as you mentioned in another post, had saved 2 lives, would it then mean that you approved of him robbing you?
I still don't approve of her misleading business practices, despite her saving 2 lives.
It may go a long way with God in getting her forgiveness for the other wrongs she has done, but I'm still not going to recommend her to anyone.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This news is new to me, AZB, & I live in Puerto Plata which is but a couple of miles from Munoz. Most of my sources of local news are Dominican, but no one seems to have heard of this. Delighted the 2 children are OK & full marks to Diane for the rescue. I will report back if anyone local tells me anything further.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
As one of those who visited Dianne Pellerin's apartments & gave comment on this board as to my findings, I think it behoven on me to offer MY commendations to her for her lifesaving abilities on two girls! ANY form of heroic act SHOULD receive the applause of ALL, whether there has been disagreement in the past or not!!

To Dianne Pellerin (if you get to read this) I offer my sincere & unadulterated praise for your heroism & congratulations for your quick thinking & success at saving two lives!!

Thank you for bringing this to our atention AZB - in fairness I must point out that I had heard absolutely NOTHING of the incident until I read your post earlier this evening (I had been out since 08,00 this morning & didn't check the computer until 20.15 this evening!). I must admit I don't watch local television news & nothing had been on the national television newsprogrammes. I hadn't heard of anything relating to this either from my Puerto Plata contacts - where did YOU pick it up from? Perhaps I should re-evaluate where I go to get my daily update of news items from!! - Grahame.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Assuming, Aftab, that your report can be verified,

I have no problem in offering my praises to Ms. Pellerin for a job well done; but, as Rocky said "one has nothing to do with the other" and her reoprted heroism is irrelevant when considering whether she has done wrong in other areas of her life.

I can be "the first to condem" as well as "the first to condone" when circumstances dictate.

Gregg

mckillop

Jul 28, 2004
I've being thinking of staying at Diane Pellerin's complex. Therefore, can youy tell me something about her business practices that you referred to.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
You should search

this site and the web for "Diane Pellerin" or "Tropical House" or "Sunset Dreams" or "Suncamp". Oh, I forgot, they are all the same - why one needs aliases, I'll never know. Make up your own mind.

Good luck.

Gregg

P.S. - You can E-mail or PM BushBaby; he's been to the "complex" and lives in the Puerto Plata area.

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
Where's Chiri...

Chiri, I think you should kick Mr. AZB around a bit for challenging the integrity of the DR1 website and news.

Oh, wait, he's part of the thousand-poster club.

Never mind.

PS: Cheers to Diane for her valiant effort.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sure thing, Bobby boy. If you can help me find links to the DR1 news archives where the story was covered, and a couple of recent threads by DR1 posters about the topic, I'll be delighted to oblige.

I know that unlike me, you have a life, so you can't be blamed for missing the dozens of threads where I have had disagreements with AZB, Larry, Criss, Robert and other members of that illustrious elite.

Chiri

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Where are you AZB?

Odd that you wouldn't reply to those who are asking if the story is actually true, and no response from PMing you either.
Is this story like the one my friend and I started when we were kids, that David Bowie was in fact Beaver Cleaver all grown up?
Are you shooting for the best hoax of the year award?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
News to me?

I know Diane quite well, Many of the people that work for me also are friends for years of Diane's.

Puerto Plata being such a small town, I'm very surprised that no one at all has heard of such a worthy news event.

All weekend I asked around and no one at any of the Gringo hangouts In Pto.Pta. knows about this act of heroism?

If it is true and I for one would never doubt a fellow Dr1 er,

I applaud you Diane!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Rocky said:
Odd that you wouldn't reply to those who are asking if the story is actually true, and no response from PMing you either.
Is this story like the one my friend and I started when we were kids, that David Bowie was in fact Beaver Cleaver all grown up?
Are you shooting for the best hoax of the year award?

No way Rocky, David Bowie is Wally Cleaver. BTW, if anyone anywhere within reach of this message board would NOT save a drowning child, please PM me and I will take time out of my busy schedule to go to your house and kick you in the balls straight away. (those with physical disabilities need not apply)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
MrMike said:
No way Rocky, David Bowie is Wally Cleaver. BTW, if anyone anywhere within reach of this message board would NOT save a drowning child, please PM me and I will take time out of my busy schedule to go to your house and kick you in the balls straight away. (those with physical disabilities need not apply)
You crack me up Mike. What if the person in question is neither physically challenged, nor has balls?

On topic, pleeeeese!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What is it with people in the water and the lack of DR1 news?

This is the first I have heard of this and it was not covered by any of the local news sources as far as I can see.

If the story is true, congratulations Diana.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
hmmmmmmmm!! Time to check your sources AZB & verify the story. As you so rightly say, Puerto Plata is a small town & news of this nature would have hit SOMEONE by now, ESPECIALLY after the sort of questioning that has been going on!!

If you don't want to check it out personally for some reason, drop a PM to me (or anyone else you trust to keep things confidential) & I'll do some more snooping to check the validty of what you were told!! Somehow I am beginning to think that you were duped or the person that told YOU was duped!! - Grahame.

D

dianepellerin

True story

The girls name are Suzanna Perez and Sandra Tondro. The phone number to reach Sandra's parents is 809 838 1982 to verify the facts.
Also, the lady who works at the Canadian Consulate with Tim Hall, Louise Migneault is a renter here and she was there when it happened, you can call her at the Canadian Consulate: 809 586 5761
The missionary in charge of the Bible study, Lisa from England can be contacted to check the facts and also for references about the rental place here: lisa@impossible.freeserve.co.uk

I don't need to promote myself for such an event or any other events. I did not ask for this post. Five years ago, I saved another lady but I never thought of even mentioning to anyone. If I choose to build my appartment complex by this beautiful natural pool, it is only natural that I act as the lifeguard.
If I rent studios and appartments for 100US and 150US per month and free consultation about work or real estate of course I get criticized. My place is popular anyway for the economical Spanish lessons and horseback riding and I have many permanent renters now. Tropical House is now Sunset Dream and in my Dream, I hope for all the negativity to fade away and to be the opening door to many foreighners to discover this beautiful country in a typical and safe environment.
Diane Pellerin
Tel: 809 320 1441

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
dianepellerin said:
The girls name are Suzanna Perez and Sandra Tondro. The phone number to reach Sandra's parents is 809 838 1982 to verify the facts.
Also, the lady who works at the Canadian Consulate with Tim Hall, Louise Migneault is a renter here and she was there when it happened, you can call her at the Canadian Consulate: 809 586 5761
The missionary in charge of the Bible study, Lisa from England can be contacted to check the facts and also for references about the rental place here: lisa@impossible.freeserve.co.uk

I don't need to promote myself for such an event or any other events. I did not ask for this post. Five years ago, I saved another lady but I never thought of even mentioning to anyone. If I choose to build my appartment complex by this beautiful natural pool, it is only natural that I act as the lifeguard.
If I rent studios and appartments for 100US and 150US per month and free consultation about work or real estate of course I get criticized. My place is popular anyway for the economical Spanish lessons and horseback riding and I have many permanent renters now. Tropical House is now Sunset Dream and in my Dream, I hope for all the negativity to fade away and to be the opening door to many foreighners to discover this beautiful country in a typical and safe environment.
Diane Pellerin
Tel: 809 320 1441

As expected, a very classy response from Ms. pellerin. Thanks for verifying the story and facts. I hope this response would be enough to some of you folks who sit all day and drink cuba libre and wait for stories to fall on their lap.In order for you folks to actually know whats going on around you, you must get out of your little shell and actually talk to real people. Going to playero or messon supermarket, buying tomatoes, beers and talking to old joe blow in some british, american pub in sosua or puerto plata does not constitute a complete living experience in DR. Sad how many of you folks still have no idea how to even drive to santiago airport after living in DR for 10 years. You folks are the first one to know if a drunk old expat died of some disease or killed by his puta girlfriend yet no one will find out or care to find out news pertaining to saving lives in a river. If it were one of the bar mates who had saved a dog in a river, the news would be all over Dr1 and other websites and, perhaps, the hottest talk topic in all expat bars in sosua and puerto plata.
I say, very well done Ms. Pellerin, I am sure the families of the saved girls are forever grateful to your help.
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.