D.R.Community T.O.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Can anyone tell me if there is a D.R. community in Toronto. Canada and where exactly is it located !
Also any restaurants , night clubs, etc.
I am having some friends visit from the D.R., and would like to take them to Toronto ! Many thanks your help !

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The Happy Dominican restaurant is located on St.Clair West and around Dufferin area. It's in the book.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
ricktoronto said:
The Happy Dominican restaurant is located on St.Clair West and around Dufferin area. It's in the book.
Many thanks Rick, good starting point, I will phone them , I'm sure they will be able to give me info re night clubs etc! Thanks again !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
College at Bathurst has a few cubs that play some merengue but mostly salsa. El Rancho is at 430 College 416-2752 and I can't remember the one across the street. I hear Las Brisas is good, 24 Rivalda Rd. 416-740-6630

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
College at Bathurst has a few cubs that play some merengue but mostly salsa. El Rancho is at 430 College 416-2752 and I can't remember the one across the street. I hear Las Brisas is good, 24 Rivalda Rd. 416-740-6630
Thankyou so much Anna! you are a fountain of information, and we just cant wait to show our friends that we love the D.R.and it's music so much here in Canada, even our "Cubs" play merengue and salsa ! LOL!!! just joking Anna !
Got a flash picture in my head of bear cubs doing the salsa ! Hehehe!
The rest of my day is going to be so funny! Thanks again! :laugh:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Are you just limited to Toronto? Montreal has a large Dominican community and if you are looking to show your friends a good time TO is not the city. In terms of night clubs I HIGHLY recommend Club Punta Cana -the only Dominican Club in Montreal and believe me you will feel like you are in the DR! As well you have some restaurant options. I have a Hispanic business directory (2004) if you want me to look up some details. In terms of "sabor dominicano" Toronto is no match to Montreal. I am willing to help just let me know.

-Lesley D

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
The other club across the street is called Flamingo. Not recommended however, in my opinion. The music is not good, very little salsa, merengue & bachata and what is they played is old! For those who don't know better will think it's great. As well, the crowd is very young 21-24 yrs and not always well-behaved. That's just my perception I was invited there once by a friend and second time by force and believe me there has not been a third time. Just my advice.

-Lesley D

Anna Coniglio said:

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks Lesley, we will avoid the Flaminco, just the age of the crowd would put us off ! We will be going to Montreal, and I would be grateful for your info! Will PM you!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lesley D said:
As well, the crowd is very young 21-24 yrs and not always well-behaved.
-Lesley D

:eek: :eek: :eek: what? 21-24 year olds that don't behave well? I have to check this place out! ;)

rickymartin

Aug 3, 2004
Dr night in toronto

Rosemary said:
Can anyone tell me if there is a D.R. community in Toronto. Canada and where exactly is it located !
Also any restaurants , night clubs, etc.
I am having some friends visit from the D.R., and would like to take them to Toronto ! Many thanks your help !
We should have a get together for Dr people

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
D.R. Get Together!

Sounds good to me Ricky, what did you have in mind ! Is it something along the lines of the 2005 Fiesta ! I would be more interested in having something East of T.O and closer to Montreal ! Anyway let me know what you were thinking.