Blue Dolphin

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Has anyone stayed at the "Del Delfin" ( Blue Dolphin) hotel in Sosua before !
I'm told it is clean, reasonable, and close to the beach and the manager (Ruebin) is very friendly and helpful ! Would you recommend it ?
Thanks!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Rosemary said:
I'm told it is clean, reasonable, and close to the beach and the manager (Ruebin) is very friendly and helpful ! Would you recommend it ?
Thanks!

I will bow to the greater knowledge of those that LIVE in Sosua Rosemary, but is this the Blue Dolphin in Pedro Lisante??? I went past there yesterday & the friend with me said it was now a "Gentleman's Club"!!!!!

I leave others to make the obvious connections & rude comments here, my (light hearted) suggestion is that you check it out a lot more thoroughly with locals before offering to take a room there - you may be offering something you had not intended offering!!!!! - Grahame.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
LOL!!! Believe me Graham, at my age I dont think any of the Gentlemen would be interested in what I have to offer ! Yep, I've reached the point where I warn everyone before-hand that I am about to appear in a two-piece !
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! But! there was a time !!!!! :cheeky:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Rosemary said:
LOL!!! Believe me Graham, at my age I dont think any of the Gentlemen would be interested in what I have to offer ! Yep, I've reached the point where I warn everyone before-hand that I am about to appear in a two-piece !
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! But! there was a time !!!!! :cheeky:

I BET there was ..........!!!
Come on you guys/girls in Sosua, what about helping this good lady out with some FACTS rather than my "I have heard... " comments? This has been up since 09.00 today & no-one in Sosua seen it??? - Grahame.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Grahame,

Rosemary has received a number of e-mails and PM's and has decided to look elsewhere. So maybe alternatives would be more appropriate.

Gregg

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Details..

FireGuy said:
Rosemary has received a number of e-mails and PM's and has decided to look elsewhere. So maybe alternatives would be more appropriate.

Gregg
Give me the required details and I'll suggest a good place.
AC, pool, safe, 24 hour electricity & water, security, size, luxury, internet, TV with cable, kitchenette, price, location, etc.
There are a whole bunch of nice hotels at very reasonable prices in Sosua and we know them all.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks Guys !

There will be 12-14 of us, groups average age mid 30's and a few oldies, but young in spirit !!!! Something with a pool, A/C would be nice, but we would do without if need be ! Close to beach, (younger ones hate walking, dont know why they were born with legs,other than getting them tanned LOL! )
If possible, something with a stove & fridge for cooking ! We were quoted $185 Canadian per person for a week! We do not want A1! I was thinking about a villa but I dont think they have them large enough for all of us! So if any of you know of anything I would be grateful ! Many Thanks for your emails! :cool:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just a few more details, please.

Rosemary said:
There will be 12-14 of us, groups average age mid 30's and a few oldies, but young in spirit !!!! Something with a pool, A/C would be nice, but we would do without if need be ! Close to beach, (younger ones hate walking, dont know why they were born with legs,other than getting them tanned LOL! )
If possible, something with a stove & fridge for cooking ! We were quoted $185 Canadian per person for a week! We do not want A1! I was thinking about a villa but I dont think they have them large enough for all of us! So if any of you know of anything I would be grateful ! Many Thanks for your emails! :cool:
How many rooms do you actually need?
Will you be doubling up in each room?
Do you really want to cook when you can eat out for less and not have to do dishes?
Can you give me approx. dates?

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Details

Hi Rocky ! yes i can give you more details, I will email them to you ! Thanks

pas

Jun 7, 2004
hello

your in good hands now....

marco will find you a great place....

and about the cooking....

forget it...

so many places where you can eat great...

greetings pascal

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If Rosemary happens to be Italian you won't be able to convice her to eat every meal out. It has nothing to do with money. It's an Italian thing. If she's not Italian then disregard what I just wrote.

FloridaHick

May 25, 2004
As I have been told

Rosemary said:
Thanks!

I was told there are 2 places in Sousa called that. The gentleman's club is called "The Blue Dolphin" and there is a regular hotel called "Del Delfin Azule". The 1st one never is called by the spanish version of it's name.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
FloridaHick said:
I was told there are 2 places in Sousa called that. The gentleman's club is called "The Blue Dolphin" and there is a regular hotel called "Del Delfin Azule". The 1st one never is called by the spanish version of it's name.
Good point. There is a hotel called El Delfin that has nothing to do with the Blue Dolphin. El Delfin is located on the Sosua-Cabarete highway, near the Sosua police station, formerly known as Nuevo Sol.
It would seem that this may be the hotel that you were refering to in your original post, as there is a Dominican fellow by the name of Reuben who has been administrating it for a while now.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Yes Rocky, it is the hotel by the Police station and across from the supermarket "El Canto Del Delfin " So what does everyone think of it !
No Anna ! Lol, I am not Italian--Irish Canadian in fact, and I like to cook, I do enjoy my own food ! not to mention the fact, after a night of Presidente,Pina Colada's and dancing into the wee hours, we all like to go back to the hotel,flick on the Bachata C.d's as well as the blenders for the Pina's, dance, take a swim, and cook up a feast! As we say in Ireland " You're a long time dead" So make the most of life while you can! :laugh: :laugh:
I have just heard from some people who stayed there,who found it comfortable,clean and quiet ! Anyway, all comments welcomed !

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rosemary said:
Yes Rocky, it is the hotel by the Police station and across from the supermarket "El Canto Del Delfin " So what does everyone think of it !
No Anna ! Lol, I am not Italian--Irish Canadian in fact, and I like to cook, I do enjoy my own food ! not to mention the fact, after a night of Presidente,Pina Colada's and dancing into the wee hours, we all like to go back to the hotel,flick on the Bachata C.d's as well as the blenders for the Pina's, dance, take a swim, and cook up a feast! As we say in Ireland " You're a long time dead" So make the most of life while you can! :laugh: :laugh:
I have just heard from some people who stayed there,who found it comfortable,clean and quiet ! Anyway, all comments welcomed !
Well that is a horse of a different colour, although you could hardly call it quiet, what with it being right at a major intersection.
If you run the AC, then you shouldn't hear the street noise.
I guess it's all a matter of value.
If it's inexpensive, it may be interesting. If it costs more than other hotels that offer you more, then it's not so good.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rosemary said:
Can you suggest the name's of other hotels Rocky ! Thankyou!
Sure, but I still don't know what you want at what price, but here's a few good ones.
Hotel Europa, Casa Valeria, Waterfront, Sosua Bay Club, Sosua By The Sea.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Rocky said:
Sure, but I still don't know what you want at what price, but here's a few good ones.
Hotel Europa, Casa Valeria, Waterfront, Sosua Bay Club, Sosua By The Sea.
Thanks so much Rocky, ! I will phone them all and compare ! you have been a tremendous help ! I owe you one !!!!!