We now interrupt this brousing to announce:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My dear boy, Marco, just called me a few minutes ago to tell me that he had just made a Hole-in-One during today's round of the Brugal Tournament.

On Hole 7, the nasty par 3 that goes along the ocean in back of Jack Tar in Playa Dorada...

Can't stop smiling. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The SWINE!!!!!! Obviously he was concentrating on all the barechested female tourists at that hole & misqueued!!!

Offer him my most SINCERE congratulations & say I would like to see the replay NEXT week-end on the second half of the tornament!! Missed you yesterday at Playa Grande (FedoGolf is RD $500 plus cart!!!!). Can I play with MARCO on Wednesday rather than you? Might make a diference to my swing!! - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ouch!ouch! Ouch!

Come on, give a guy a break, will ya??

Why does everyone know what I played last week? Hummmm?

Someone's tongue was wagging, I see.....

Wait until Wednesday!

HB :D

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
In the USA anyone who makes a hole in one buy's everyone in the bar a drink, since Marco owns the bar, I would like to suggest that he buy?s everyone that comes into his bar for the next week a drink! If he does, I?m coming down!

Joe

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
CyaBye3015 said:
In the USA anyone who makes a hole in one buy's everyone in the bar a drink, since Marco owns the bar, I would like to suggest that he buy?s everyone that comes into his bar for the next week a drink! If he does, I?m coming down!

Joe

Sorry Joe - different Marco!! This is Hillbilly's SON Marco (lives, works & makes merry in Santiago) & not the one that owns Rocky's in Sosua. Had THAT been the case, I would have been over to Sosua for my 'Freebee' within an hour of him getting back there!!! Come on down anyway - we could use your cash to help pay the National Debt!! - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Fyi

Generally speaking, since this was in a tournament, you don't have to buy the round. My son was very generous with the Brugal, since they had two tents set up for drinks and he invited everyone to have a drink.

Can you imagine what would happen at the Masters if you had to buy for all of those on the course at the time of your Hole-in-One??

Anyway, he did buy those in his foursome and the group ahead of them, all witnesses to the feat, a bottle of great vodka....

POP is playin pretty tough and he is now 3 Over for the first two rounds, and he's made 11 birdies and one eagle..go figure...

HB

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
On the subject of buying the drinks

Here's a true story for you .... My Dad was at a conference in Gleneagles - staying at the hotel there when word went around the hotel that Nick Faldo had made a hole-in-one. A few jokes were made about the fact that he never showed up in the bar that evening. Well, a few weeks later when everyone had forgotten about it a little package arrived in the post back at my parents house. Two minatures of your finest whisky and a small card signed by the man himself saying that the custom was that he should buy a round of drinks. He got the hotel to arrange everything - a drink for every guest at the hotel. Must have cost quite a bit - Nice guy eh?

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Favorite Hole at PD

BushBaby said:
The SWINE!!!!!! Obviously he was concentrating on all the barechested female tourists at that hole & misqueued!!!

Grahame, I seem to recall having a very hard time getting you away from that fence next to the beach to continue play. The sandtraps are not the only hazzards there.

- Festero del Norte