Eating out in Sosua

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Where would any of you suggest for a special night out.

We are going to the DR in 2 weeks. We are staying in an AI in Playa Dorada but i want at least one night out in Sosua. If i only end up going once then i would like it to be somewhere special (possibly with a sea view).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Two good seaview places are La Punta de Pierregeorgio (Sp??) & On the Waterfront. The former is quite exclusive & fairly pricey I gather, the latter more reasonable but very romantic in it's setting! The Sosua experts will doubtless come up with more info &/or suggestions as to 'BEST Places'. - Grahame.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think BB is spot on! Have eaten at both a few times and both are good.
Both have sea views, the Waterfront is the one with the new beach below it.

The other place (3rd choice) with good food and sea views is the one in Charamicos. Can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone will help out. It's owned and run by a Portuguese guy.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
BushBaby said:
Two good seaview places are La Punta de Pierregeorgio (Sp??) & On the Waterfront. The former is quite exclusive & fairly pricey I gather, the latter more reasonable but very romantic in it's setting! The Sosua experts will doubtless come up with more info &/or suggestions as to 'BEST Places'. - Grahame.

Thanks for these suggestions!

Where are they both situated exactly?

Thanks a lot :)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
The waterfront has an absolutely spectacular view. Where is it? Ummmm, I don't know the name of the street but drive past Rocky's on Calle Dr. Rosen, take a left at the corner and drive straight down to the water.

Larry

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks for the info, i will just have to ask where Calle dr. Rosen is because i have not actually been to Rockys before. I know where Casa Marina Beach Hotel is and i have been to Eddys bar before, I will just get the taxi driver to find that street name.

Thanks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Waterfront directions

tired_boy said:
Thanks for the info, i will just have to ask where Calle dr. Rosen is because i have not actually been to Rockys before. I know where Casa Marina Beach Hotel is and i have been to Eddys bar before, I will just get the taxi driver to find that street name.

Thanks.
When you arrive in Sosua and see a Texaco Station to your left, the next traffic light, you turn left and you will be on calle Dr. Rosen.
The Waterfront restaurant is at the end of that very street, on your right hand side.
You cannot drive past it without landing in the water.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Robert said:
I think BB is spot on! Have eaten at both a few times and both are good.
Both have sea views, the Waterfront is the one with the new beach below it.

The other place (3rd choice) with good food and sea views is the one in Charamicos. Can't remember the name, but I'm sure someone will help out. It's owned and run by a Portuguese guy.

The restaurant you are thinking about Robert was Atlantico run by James but he has closed the restaurant due to the rent being doubled.

Next door to where Atlantico was is a place called Michael Stone .. again fantastic views and the food is good too.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Chester4 said:
Next door to where Atlantico was is a place called Michael Stone .. again fantastic views and the food is good too.

Thanks for the suggestion.............how do i get there?

tired_boy :)

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Go to Sabatini

tired_boy said:

We are going to the DR in 2 weeks. We are staying in an AI in Playa Dorada but i want at least one night out in Sosua. If i only end up going once then i would like it to be somewhere special (possibly with a sea view).

I suggest Sabatini. My wife and I were invited by a friend to this restaurant and everything, from the food to the service, was flawless. Sabatini is on one of the almost new hotels on the east side of Sosua beach, on El Batey. I recommend you to go early in the morning or noon to select your table for the night on one of the balcony corners, so you get a beautiful view of the sea while eating.

Good luck!! ;)

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002

Hah! People call it that in English, too? That place is referred to locally as the Piedra de Miguelito because the owner's first name is Miguel. I've always called it "donde Cory" because that's what the guy who runs it's name is. Good tuna-fish sandwiches...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I hear Sea Horse Ranch has a new chef in their restaurant.
Spectacular views in a spectacular setting.
I may go check it out this weekend and let you know.

If that doesn't pass the test, I still feel your best bet will be the Waterfront.
Never had a bad meal and the views and ambience are very good.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
The Waterfront is great, but I had a particularly romatic night at Piergiorgio, so I would personally recommend that :)

The food was great and the throw spotlights into the water so you can watch what the fish do in the ocean at night...

GreyGhost

Jun 4, 2003
Romantic special night out

tired_boy said:

I recommend La punta de Piergiorgio. I have just returned from Sosua and asked a lady to dinner and she suggested this one. A little pricey for the DR but definitely romantic. The food and views were outstanding. If you decide to go, please make reservations and ask for a table on the water. This is the restaurant built on a cliff over looking Sosua bay. You know the italian looking one with the white architectual balconies. I am sure they advertise because I have seen it in magazines. I will post specifics later in my trip reports. If you are leaving soon, PM me and I will give details.

GG

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The 'Specifics' of the young lady concerned will do just fine .... If she is classy enough for you to take to Pieregiorgio, that is good enough for me!!! Does she play golf Too????

Glad to hear you got home safely!! - Grahame.