comparing Dominican and Mexican guys

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
so i just came back from another vacation.... this time i was in mexcio. let me tell you, dominican guys are professionals!!! they are ultra smooth, and much better looking compared to mexican guys. they also really know what they're doing when they pick women up, and can fool the prudest of the girls.

to those of you who don't know me, i came across this forum about 2 years ago after a trip to the DR. i met a sankie that swept me off my feet (and i'm not your typical candidate who falls into these traps), and i came back a mess. prior to that trip, i had never been to the DR and only travelled to mexico. after that first trip i found this forum and learned all about this sankie stuff, and since then i've travelled to the DR again much wiser. i've just come back from puerto vallarta, mexico.... these mexican guys are nowhere NEAR as professional as these dominican guys....it's incredible! it's funny though, the animation guys in the mexico seemed to not try as hard with the tourists. on the contrary, it was the women that were throwing themselves at these guys. also, some of the animation crew i encountered in mexico were from england and the us..... while the people i met in DR were mostly locals.

i'm done with my comparison..... just wanted to share :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks lee lee and welcome back. I wonder if they have a sankie training courses in the DR? :laugh:

Just kidding

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lee Lee when you have the time maybe you can tell us what it was that convinced you that the guy you met in the DR was a sankie. As I remember you were kind of against the idea that he might be a sankie. So tell us more.

Thanks

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Lee-Lee said:
so i just came back from another vacation.... this time i was in mexcio. let me tell you, dominican guys are professionals!!! they are ultra smooth, and much better looking compared to mexican guys. they also really know what they're doing when they pick women up, and can fool the prudest of the girls.

to those of you who don't know me, i came across this forum about 2 years ago after a trip to the DR. i met a sankie that swept me off my feet (and i'm not your typical candidate who falls into these traps), and i came back a mess. prior to that trip, i had never been to the DR and only travelled to mexico. after that first trip i found this forum and learned all about this sankie stuff, and since then i've travelled to the DR again much wiser. i've just come back from puerto vallarta, mexico.... these mexican guys are nowhere NEAR as professional as these dominican guys....it's incredible! it's funny though, the animation guys in the mexico seemed to not try as hard with the tourists. on the contrary, it was the women that were throwing themselves at these guys. also, some of the animation crew i encountered in mexico were from england and the us..... while the people i met in DR were mostly locals.

OMG!!! This is exactly the truth.......I too was in PVR in March and noticed the same thing, having have fallen for a sankie in the past, I took note of the Mexicans they really need to spice it up a bit in order to get the ladies!! Dominicans have this one the bag!!

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Lee Lee when you have the time maybe you can tell us what it was that convinced you that the guy you met in the DR was a sankie. As I remember you were kind of against the idea that he might be a sankie. So tell us more.

Thanks

Anna...

when I met my sanky I had no intentions of getting busy on vacation.... the idea of hooking up with someone you hardly know has always repelled me. However, these Dominican guys are good at their games and they can fool any woman, whether she has confidence and is accustomed to experience at home, or hasn't been laid in years.... they can hit on any woman by watching their targets first. I think the key here is awareness.... I wasn't aware of this whole sankie situation in the DR as I had never vactioned there prior to my sankie encounter. I had been to Mexico dozens of times before that, with and without a boyfriend, and when I went solo it was to relax and enjoy the sun rather than hit it on with the boys.

So when I came back I was dazzled by this silly guy and thought that trip was a dream. I think what really made me reazlize what I'd gotten myself into was this board. As soon as I posted my "I'M LOOKING FOR BEN AND I'M DESPERATE" (HEHEHE) post, I was bombarded with replies, and that was when I finally understood what trap I'd fallen into. At first some of the posters were quite rude and I did not appreciate their brutal honesty, but now as I read what some ladies post around here I understand why it's almost inevitable to attack at times.

In retrospect, I find it a shock at all that I fell for this sankie. He did not have any of the classic signs I'd check for a in a sanky..... in terms of not asking me for money, paying for my drinks, etc etc. We never exchanged contact info and did not make plans to see one another in the future. It was the emotional turmoil of coming back from a fantasy vacation and the difficulty of getting back into real life that made it so difficult.

I've also met a number of ladies off this forum that have crossed path with my sanky, and one of them has actually sent me a picture of him. (I think we should start sharing sanky pictures ;) So now he's married and living in England, and supposedly is no longer happy in England and wishes to move back to the DR.

All in all, I am brutally grateful for this wonderful site. I've learned to travel with caution now, and I find it almost amusing now to travel and watch these boys in action with the other tourists. I'd be lying if I said I've had a better vacation romance-wise ever since my sankie encounter..... it was like being lost in a fantasy. And although I'm wiser now, I'll be the first to admit that being stupid for a week with a sanky was a lot of fun :) But it's the aftermath of the trip that I don't miss....I had to pat myself on the shoulder again as I left, for not having gotten emotionally involved with anyone this time.... I just went for the ride and I had a great time.

having just come back from my Mexico vacation I am still in shock at the talent these Dominican guys have. I think it's true what you say Anna, they must have some sort of a training course before enrolling in the animacion team.... he he he

till next time,
Lee

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Lee-Lee,
I agree with you, I've been to PV Mexico before and the men are nothing like the Dominican men. The Dominican men are very good sweet talkers for sure lol! I can see how women fall for the sweet talk of a Dominican man, I have never though just because that's how I am. I actually get a laugh when they try to sweet talk me I find it hilarious. I think I was most shocked when one guy told me straight out that he wanted to sleep with me :surprised I had to break it down to him I don't do that in Canada with a stranger so it wasn't going to happen in the DR lol! Too much I tell you I always tell them you love me this week and next week there will be another one to love :laugh: , I'm no fool!
Mexican men they complimented me but they don't sweet talk and I didn't find them aggressive at all. I've met some Dominican men very aggressive they wouldn't take no for an answer.
Just my experiences and opinions of course.

Lee-Lee said:

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Lee-Lee said:
Anna...
having just come back from my Mexico vacation I am still in shock at the talent these Dominican guys have. I think it's true what you say Anna, they must have some sort of a training course before enrolling in the animacion team.... he he he
Lee

Ladies, I curious what are the lines? What do these guy say that makes them so charming? I never been to a resort so I'm guessing the amination guys are really smooth but the guys I saw on the beach were about as subtle as a kick in the face. That can't possibly be what's causing women to lose their minds. I mean, I can do better in my sleep.

Last edited:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
xamaicano- as a woman I don't know how some women fall for these lines really. I've heard so many lines but I don't take them seriously come on I'm on a vacation for one week. I enjoy the eye candy though ;) Dominican men are very goodlooking!! I also love to dance so I always try to find some great dance partners :D !
I found some animation staff quite annoying because they were pretty aggressive which annoyed me quite a bit it was just too much! I have had a guy try to kiss me as I turned around I told him off.
But I met some nice friendly people as well!!
As for lines: I hear the usual how beautiful you are and sexy. How special you are blah blah. How much they want to be with you and how much they will miss you....how they want to sleep with you, how they can't be without you. It's all just ridiculous, women can just enjoy flirting and all the attention they get but to think in one week you met the man of your dreams come on. Yes some people end up with successful relationships but realistically a lot of Dominican men are trying to get a ticket out of the country. I have met some who are well off and have no plans to leave there country they don't want a ticket out of the DR. But falling in love can be blinding so I guess that's what happens to women besides I think all there sweet talking makes the women feel good and special. Not really sure what the answer is, I guess it will be live and learn for some ladies.
Just my thoughts!

xamaicano said:
Ladies, I curious what are the lines? What do these guy say that makes them so charming? I never been to a resort so I'm guessing the amination guys are really smooth but the guys I saw on the beach were about as subtle as a kick the face. That can't possibly be what's causing women to lose their minds. I mean, I can do better in my sleep.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee said:
All in all, I am brutally grateful for this wonderful site. I've learned to travel with caution now, and I find it almost amusing now to travel and watch these boys in action with the other tourists. I'd be lying if I said I've had a better vacation romance-wise ever since my sankie encounter..... it was like being lost in a fantasy. And although I'm wiser now, I'll be the first to admit that being stupid for a week with a sanky was a lot of fun :) But it's the aftermath of the trip that I don't miss....I had to pat myself on the shoulder again as I left, for not having gotten emotionally involved with anyone this time.... I just went for the ride and I had a great time.

Good posts, Lee-Lee. People who don't know you should go into the archives and read some of those old threads. Especially the girls who think the board is too tough. Welcome back.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
xamaicano said:
Ladies, I curious what are the lines? What do these guy say that makes them so charming? I never been to a resort so I'm guessing the amination guys are really smooth but the guys I saw on the beach were about as subtle as a kick in the face. That can't possibly be what's causing women to lose their minds. I mean, I can do better in my sleep.

As I bath in the sun, I often wonder how many of the guys that wander selling shirts in the beaches are older ex-sankies that never suceeding getting a plane ticket out.... lol.... these guys repel me with what they say. One of them wouldn't leave me alone at one of my trips, and actually came up to me and offended me when he saw me with my Sanky. I told the guy in the beach that I was engaged (in order to leave me alone ;) and when he saw me on the beach with my guy he came up to me and yelled at us. So to answer your question xmaicano, it's definetly NOT the guys at the beach.

So you ask what is it the animation boys have? Well, it's not the content of what these guys say, as much as the entire package ;) Put paradise together with young, muscular, attractive young men around whom you socialize at the pool with.... mind you, they are half naked in the sun all day and dancing their things at night on the show, mixed with alcohol and really naughty dancing at night....mix it all together, shake it up.... and you have a sankie at work :)

So really, it's a meshwork of factors... not just what they actually spit out in their cute little accents. It's the classic tale of what we've been socialized into.... it's imprinted in our society.... shows like the 'Love Boat'... the whole idea of going away and having a wild romance somewhere hot. It's not reality...and that's the whole point.

The problem is that most of us ladies, when we do go away.... we're quite aware of this. We know these guys meet a lot of women, and we know the guys are obviously not in love with us... but these guys are hard to resist. And to recapitualte what I said before, as long as we go knowing it's all good and leave it when we leave the beach... then there's no harm done really.