searching for the best Enslish institutes in DR

losackmd

Sep 9, 2003
I became an MD at UCE 1980! I have been since then very close to a family from SPM santa fe. The woman a lovely beautiful smart but impoverished individual lives in the bateyes outside of SPM and was so eager to learn English and COmputers but could not since she was the only support at home.
I have been sending Yisel (30 years old ) to the English institute in SPM in addition to Computer school. Since July to my chagrin she says she is not learning alot there! I feel awful about this and need information as far as schooling or education goes in the Capital or in La Romana if not in SPM.
We were going to put her in the UCE for hoteleria but she wanted the institutes saying she would not learn alot in the University.

I see that all the finest ENGLISH instruction is catered to school age children!
THis is yet another failure of the system a let down and I am frustrated.
We mutually agreed to pull her out of a 60 dollar/month job to educate her and
after 2 months i am not satisfied with her command. I know its only two months
but there must be more aggressive english classes. I am employing a tutor for her starting Sept. hope this works.
We are headed there in November as we go every year. But, i am asking the dominican- american community if they can help me in this matter.

Que dios les bendigan

glenn losack md