Strip club in Sto Dominguo

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
I am looking to retire in The DR and I am thinking of opening up a High Class Strip club (Gentlemens Club) with Canadian and Eastern Europeen girls. However, this would not be a Brothel, any kind of prostitution would be strictly forbiden. I know this concept can work...people want what they can't have... professional strippers in Canada make much more then hookers, beleive me!!!
Also it would be completely legal (less hand outs), much cleaner and offcourse a lot of fun.
I am looking for a dominican partner who as previous knowlege in this industry .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Are Too Late!

The club you describe already exists here in Santo Domingo! Has been here for about 5 years now! Dominican owner.Cover charge,nice ambiance,private dances,girls from Montreal,Venezuela,Colombia,and since I haven't been there for about 3 years,there may be Russian and Eastern European girls too!You may SAY that "Prostitution will be strictly forbidden", but girls will be girls!They may not be screwing on the sofas,but aafter they leave,aany woman can be bought!! There are lots of Russian and Eastern girls here doing prostitution as well! Bad part is,they all have Russian,European pimps.CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Anders2000

Aug 26, 2004
I would beleive there is room for more than one club.. :classic:

But before you setup shop you better work out a strategy on just how you are going to get guys coming to you. I dont know about shakedowns etc but you will be in competition with some relatively unfriendly people and sabotage is not completely unsought of... hint hint. :chinese:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
iluvdr said:
I am looking to retire in The DR and I am thinking of opening up a High Class Strip club (Gentlemens Club) with Canadian and Eastern Europeen girls. However, this would not be a Brothel, any kind of prostitution would be strictly forbiden. I know this concept can work...people want what they can't have... professional strippers in Canada make much more then hookers, beleive me!!!
Also it would be completely legal (less hand outs), much cleaner and offcourse a lot of fun.
I am looking for a dominican partner who as previous knowlege in this industry .

If you don't have "take out" how are the (stunning) girls going to make money? Lap dances, salary, tips? US$10 stuffed in the front of your panties is worth a lot more than RD$10.

Most of your clients will have to be Dominicans otherwsie you will not survive.
They are not used to paying for lap dances :) They will nurse a beer for hours and often share it between their 5 friends. Just trying to give you an idea of the mentality you will be up against.

Plus you might find other club owners will not like you very much.
Some have guns and have been known to use them :)

I suggest you spend some time in the DR researching the market and find out what really goes on and what makes these places tick. This is the DR, not Canada.

Or...

My advice is to retire happy, come and live here and spend your cash on less stressful pursuits.

But...

If I'm wrong and it does fly, I'm more than happy to buy a beer on the opening night :)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The one thing that would kill a strip club is NOT having girls you can take in the back room or take out. Your competition has both, who'd pay money to watch stippers in the DR? Nobody.

"It would be a lot of fun" sounds like it would be no fun at all compared to the clientele's expectations of such establishments already in the capital. And the whole using Canadian and european girls opens up a whole other set of problems getting them working there with no permits.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
S.o.s.

All right guys, this is exactly the type of response I was expecthing to get.
Yes, there is already a similar Strip Club In SD, and they are doing great!
I also don't see a problem with opening a second one...
As for the myth about gangters, pimps and shake downs, they are at the least exagerated! Besides, this business is not for wimps... Nothing in life is easy,if it was, every one would be doing it!
What I need from this forum is not speculations, but hard facts.
There is always someone to pay, in this country it's Revenu Canada (uncle Sam) 55 cents on the dollar. In The DR it's General X. that's fine I could handle it, can someone point me in the right direction ?
As far as the girl's making money, I know of some Canadian girls who worked at the club mentionned above in SD, they made over $1500 US a week that's more then $2000 CAN ! as for the East Europeen, that might as well be one million dollars... The Dominicans I am not worried, they will love it!!! 5 years ago I heared the same thing in Paris, a North American strip club would never work! Today there are five and growing, all doing amazing!
I need a partner thats is connected. I have the funds, the girl's, the knowlege and BIG BALL'S!!! :alien:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
iluvdr said:
As for the myth about gangters, pimps and shake downs, they are at the least exagerated! Besides, this business is not for wimps...

It is not a myth. If I were you, I'd take their suggestions very seriously...

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
Spend your money elsewhere

Your business will never be 100% legal, due to missing work permits, so you constantly need to pay someone at the police to to ensure your operating activities. The more cash you make the more they will take away from you. Be aware that they will milk you like a cow. The same will do your so called trustworthy dominican partner. This is how the things work here. Generally in these kind of business gringos will never be fully accepted by dominicans.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I can't even give an opinion on most of what you are asking but to come to the DR looking for a Dominican Partner leaves a lot to be desired expecially if you are not going to be working 7 days here.

Not only will they eat your lunch but you will lose the gold fillings out of your teeth.

I would love to join Robert for a drink on opening night if you do it in any case.

Scott

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Good idea vs Bad idea ?!

I am sorry if I come on a bit agressive, it's in my nature... but I do appreciate the feedback I have gotten.
Is there anyone out there that thinks this could be a good idea? Every one on this forum seems to think this venture is a dead end (literally a dead end!).

Thanks anyway Guys,

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Have you talked to "Rafael"?

He runs the Club on the "Malecon" you are talking about.He is always talking about expanding! He is very "Americanized"(For better or for worse),but at least you can converse with him in "English"! I have a good American friend who has done some business with him,(small amounts of $$$$),but he was honest in those transactions!
Lets see: Robert,Escott,Me,looks like you are off to a good start!!

About the girls from Montreal making 1,500 US a week,you believe those girls???? I have watched them groveling around the stage here picking up 10 peso notes!!!And damn few of those.They used to stay at the hotel Naco when the club first opened.I lived there then.Nice girls,but .......................
they had little trouble "expanding" their stories!CC :smoke:

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Perfect language skills and some feeling for fishy things

The most important part - with or without dominican partner - is: you need to be fluent in Spanish. Not only the Spanish from the book but as well the Spanish spoken out on the street. If "they" feel you do not understand everything, they will talk about you in your presence and they are not ashamed of doing so. They do their thing to squeeze you out in front of your open eyes.

If you have these language skills, you still need to proove a few times you are smart and more tiger than they. You need to earn their respect and let them know you are well connected. That's a long process and you need to live in the country for a long time. Things written on paper mean nothing to many people in Latin America. The right words, a handshake and a strong meaningful eye contact are important. Important things are done personally not by FAX as in Europe or North America.

You have to thing around the corner and see the logic behind what seems completely crude. ;)

What I've said holds true for any kind of business.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
iluvdr, what is your ultimate goal with this?

Is it to make money?
Looking to have access to willing and available females?
Are you looking for the status/thrill of having a strip club in the DR?

All the above are achieved much easier than having a strip club here.

PS. No way has any Canadian girl made US$1,500 in a club here unless she is offering additional services.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Good question Rob?

Robert said:
iluvdr, what is your ultimate goal with this?

Is it to make money?
Looking to have access to willing and available females?
Are you looking for the status/thrill of having a strip club in the DR?

All the above are achieved much easier than having a strip club here.

PS. No way has any Canadian girl made US$1,500 in a club here unless she is offering additional services.

I beleive that making money is important, but you also need to do something you enjoy. Of course, I spend my whole life in Strip joints so you can see where I am coming from... and no, access to available females has never been an issue for me, however I do enjoy the company!
Also let face it, this industry opens alot of doors... just look at how many contacts I have already made on this board, do you think I would have gotting the same response if I where lets say opening a candy factory?

As for how much the Canadian girl's really make, you are right, I have no way of confirming those figures but I know they make a little under that here, so why do most of them return? unless it's because they also get to sun tan?!
I have contacted a good attorney in SD and he is already on the ball on how we can get those working permits...
Thanks again!

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about

Criss Colon said:
He runs the Club on the "Malecon" you are talking about.He is always talking about expanding! He is very "Americanized"(For better or for worse),but at least you can converse with him in "English"! I have a good American friend who has done some business with him,(small amounts of $$$$),but he was honest in those transactions!
Lets see: Robert,Escott,Me,looks like you are off to a good start!!

About the girls from Montreal making 1,500 US a week,you believe those girls???? I have watched them groveling around the stage here picking up 10 peso notes!!!And damn few of those.They used to stay at the hotel Naco when the club first opened.I lived there then.Nice girls,but .......................
they had little trouble "expanding" their stories!CC :smoke:

Hi Cris,
You are like a breath of fresh air, yes indeed I have contacted Rafael.
can I pm you ?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
OK strip clubs in SD:

Jazzys - avenida espana does great business, lots of dominican customers as well as tourists. They have private dances and I believe they offer "take out"Dominican Dancers.

Sutra - San Isidro -Used to be all venezuelan dancers, tame no contact lap dances, don't belive they offer "take out", but as others said, I would bet you can negotiate with the girl directly

Doll House - Malecon -Not very attractive Canadian dancers. Dominicans like the place as to them Blondes with bolt on boobs are :"exotic". I've been there twice and it was dead both times.

Monaco - Malecon - Not high end at all, pretty much a dump. I am sure take out is available as is probably on premises. Dominican Dancers

Ciudad De Angels - carretera mendoza - low end dominican club. Dominican dancers and customers

Bonsua - who knows where it is- don't go there unless you are very sure of how to handle yourself in the DR. Sleazey and dangerous.

I think Boca Might be a better option as you would get more tourists and they seem more accustomed to higher prices. I belive there was a strip club in Boca briefly, but it didn't work out.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
A Flop

rafael said:
I think Boca Might be a better option as you would get more tourists and they seem more accustomed to higher prices. I belive there was a strip club in Boca briefly, but it didn't work out.

It opened and closed in a 3 day period - located up near the highway in a subterranean room with 3 white ugly dancers, a cover charge and expensive drinks. There is simply no appetite for a $10 ($RD400) cover when next door for RD$1000 you can get a "full service" massage and then some.

The "casas" are mediocre in Boca Chica as is, a place where you pay a lot and cannot do a thing is pointless, as pointless as strip joints are here in Toronto, for that matter.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
rafael said:
OK strip clubs in SD:

Jazzys - avenida espana does great business, lots of dominican customers as well as tourists. They have private dances and I believe they offer "take out"Dominican Dancers.

Sutra - San Isidro -Used to be all venezuelan dancers, tame no contact lap dances, don't belive they offer "take out", but as others said, I would bet you can negotiate with the girl directly

Doll House - Malecon -Not very attractive Canadian dancers. Dominicans like the place as to them Blondes with bolt on boobs are :"exotic". I've been there twice and it was dead both times.

Monaco - Malecon - Not high end at all, pretty much a dump. I am sure take out is available as is probably on premises. Dominican Dancers

Ciudad De Angels - carretera mendoza - low end dominican club. Dominican dancers and customers

Bonsua - who knows where it is- don't go there unless you are very sure of how to handle yourself in the DR. Sleazey and dangerous.

Thanks Rafael, you have been real helpfull!!!
Now the next step is for someone on this forum to introduce me to high ranking Dominican official that understands that I am not looking for a shakedown but rather a straight business partnership! I am still trying to reach Raphael from Doll House, it seems he is having trouble getting nice girls and would not mind expending... I can guaranteed top noch model type strippers in the DR. Beleive me guys , your mouth will drop !!!
Remember THIS IS NOT A BROTHEL !!! This will be stricly a Gentlemens Club
Very Selective... more like a Pure Platinum type of atmosphere.
By the way Rick, I already have your name on the VIP list!!! and your completely wrong if you think that man only want to F!@# ,Some of us enjoin the entertainement, the tease and the game as we like to call it. Just because you go shopping doesn't mean you always have to buy!?
Anyway lets not kid ourself every now and then someone will be getting some play, and hopefully the friends of the boss will enjoy some french benefits but only on a free will base. NO PROSTITUTION!!! but girls will be girls...

This Forum ROCKS!!!

Thanks Gents,

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
Hmnn... interesting thread. Seems that Mr. Iluvdr has horse blinders on. You should be listening to RickToronto, Chris, and Rob. There is virtually no such as an honest Dominican business partner in the line of business that you propose.

The truth of the matter, is that your high aspirations will be mitigated by Dominicans with Dominican mafia connections. If you would be so lucky to create a cash cow, you will find yourself steeped in daily stress to keep a very small percentage for yourself, because you will have a gun in your face or knife in your back to hand over your cash or risk losing your life.

In the mid-80's, I knew a friend of a friend, that tried to muscle in on mob territory in NYC. He opened a night club and started siphoning off dollars from nearby mob joints. The mob paid him a visit to cease his business, but he blew them off and continued. Soon afterwards, the guy was gunned down at the entrance of his club, with both of his eyes shot out.

In order to even halfway pull something off successful like a strip club, you need to have many many connections, speak fluent Spanish, and should have lived in the country for several years, which other posters have previously mentioned. Then as Escott has stated, you still can't trust the Dominicans that you have come to know for many years and they will conspire to take your money.

While there is nothing unadmirable about opening a business in the D.R., you need to be in charge 24/7 and be there on premises. But, in operating a strip club, you will find yourself dealing with "underworld" elements.

I would think of another line of business. Too much risk my friend.