Help with Coconut Palms Resort

locojojo

Aug 28, 2004
We are going to stay at this resort in Nov. and have been hearing quite unfavorable reports...can anyone help me out.
Is it clean? What is the beach like?
I am hearing that Sosua and Cabarete are great! A little concerned at this point about the accommodation.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Coconut Palms.

locojojo said:
We are going to stay at this resort in Nov. and have been hearing quite unfavorable reports...can anyone help me out.
Is it clean? What is the beach like?
I am hearing that Sosua and Cabarete are great! A little concerned at this point about the accommodation.
Nice place, very clean, nice people, good food.
What were the unfavorable reports?

locojojo

Aug 28, 2004
Coconut Palms

Thanks for replying. I am hearing that the place saw its days about 10 years ago. The pipes are molding, paint peeling, ceiling drips on you, you have to put your tp in container outside the door. This doesn't sound to appealing to me. I don't expect a palace but I do expect cleanliness.
I heard the owner is nice and the staff there are very friendly. I seem to get mixed reports and now I wonder which is true? I have never been to the DR before and I am hoping for a good trip. We won't spend much time in our room, we want to get out and see the places around us. I just want a comfortable room when I am there. If you pay a little you expect a little, but when pay more you expect more.
Do you live nearby, what is the weather like in Nov. Are there many mosquitos? That was the other thing, they say the rooms are very hot and the windows are open and let all the bugs in.
We usually go to Cancun but we heard so many good things about the DR we want to experience it for ourselves.
Hopeful!!!

Rocky said:
Nice place, very clean, nice people, good food.
What were the unfavorable reports?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
locojojo said:
Thanks for replying. I am hearing that the place saw its days about 10 years ago. The pipes are molding, paint peeling, ceiling drips on you, you have to put your tp in container outside the door. This doesn't sound to appealing to me. I don't expect a palace but I do expect cleanliness.
I heard the owner is nice and the staff there are very friendly. I seem to get mixed reports and now I wonder which is true? I have never been to the DR before and I am hoping for a good trip. We won't spend much time in our room, we want to get out and see the places around us. I just want a comfortable room when I am there. If you pay a little you expect a little, but when pay more you expect more.
Do you live nearby, what is the weather like in Nov. Are there many mosquitos? That was the other thing, they say the rooms are very hot and the windows are open and let all the bugs in.
We usually go to Cancun but we heard so many good things about the DR we want to experience it for ourselves.
Hopeful!!!
The last time I dropped in there, the whole place looked very well maintained to me, although I didn't put it through an inspection.
As the rooms do not AC, most people leave their doors open to enjoy the breeze.
There may be the occasional mosquito or other insect that comes in, and if you have any phobias about bugs, then it may be better for you to be in a hotel with AC.
I live 5 minutes away and would be glad to answer any of your questions about other hotels.
The more info you give me on your requirements, the more good suggestions I can give you.
Regards, Marco.