Dominican Fitteds

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXCUTTA

*** Sin Bin ***
Jul 25, 2004
step 1 YO, first off you gotta watch the new lil' wayne video to know whattafuck im talkin about. After step 1, reply to this. Where can i cop that dominican fitted he got on son. that **** is straight FUEGO son. If your looking for it too, i have a site that a dominican fitted thats hot but not as sick as the one im talkin about. WWW.HATLAND.COM and go to the mlb section and you'll see it. i just got 2 of em, but i mos def need the one from the video. holla back if u got somethin. UNO

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
WTF Is This?

You may not be aware of a couple things:

1. People post here in English.
2. Outright ads that you don't pay for don't last long.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
but it's a hell of a good laugh as am sipping my brew and picturing some skinny sankie doing his thing yo!...

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Example of Rap

This guy is an example of how the "Hip-Hop culture" has had a negative impact on society.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
....awesome....... dude!

u're rad, dude.....deep def. going dooowwwnnn.....not! taps that...yes!....awesome!

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
capodominicano said:
This guy is an example of how the "Hip-Hop culture" has had a negative impact on society.
It's not hip hop's faul. I've listened to hip hop most of my life and I'm a civil engineering major expecting to graduate next fall. If hip hop is so bad then how come I've come so far as a young Dominican-American who was exposed to many negative surroundings? I know I still have alot to learn in life, but I do know that it isn't right to just go around blaming the hip hop culture for something this silly. Don't blame it on hip hop, blame it on a person's surroundings and mindframe.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
JDub I get where you're coming from, I'm a young Dominican immigrant living in NY, but when a person listens to a musical genre were most of the "artists" don't graduate junior highschool it does affect them, mostly if it's a weak minded person, there grammatical and social skills will be affected, a persons upbringing is also crucial in their speech and social skills. But you must admit that our environment and choices does affect us, if you're from an urban environment you will most likely be want to be called a thug, n---a or call a women a B----.
I'm from Brooklyn, I am making my points from personal observations, I hate going to the Heights or other Dominican neighborhoods such as the Southside in Williamsburg, BK and hear our people mess up the Spanish and English language but we are Dominican and we did mess up the Castellano tongue. Anyway back to my point Hip-Hop is a "culture" meaning it is more than music, the biggest cultural aspect in Hip-hop is of course the Gangster lifestyle which has messed up the english language but then again African-Americans have always had there own slang-language which latinos [mostly Dominican & PR] have adopted.
PS Lets wait and see how many ghetto kids will be influenced by Kanye Wests' song School Spirit:
"Told 'em I finished school, and I started my own business
They say, 'Oh you graduated?'
No, I decided I was finished
Chasin' y'all dreams and what you've got planned
Now I spit it so hot you got tanned
Back to school and I hate it there, I hate it there
Everything I want I gotta wait a year, I wait a year
This n---- graduated at the top of my class..
I went to Cheesecake, he was a motherf-----g waiter there"

All through his album he is down playing education!!
Congrads on your education and graduate, represent Dominicans in a positive light. I am in my 2nd year.
Peace Out. :knockedou

Last edited:

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Why !

quejeyoke said:
but it's a hell of a good laugh as am sipping my brew and picturing some skinny sankie doing his thing yo!...

Why would you laugh about a SKINNY sankie doing his thing, which title do you relate to--- SKINNY or Sankie or Thing ? Did anyone ever inform you , that having a hard-on is not a sign of personal growth !!!! Come back when you have lived the answer !!!!

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
ricktoronto said:
What are "fitteds" anyway, anyone know what this means?

ARE YOU REALLY FROM TORONTO? I GUESS SO, SO LEMME INFORM YOU:

1: A "fitted" IS ANOTHER WORD FOR BASEBALL CAP. WE YONG PEOPLE IN URBAN SETTINGS CALL IT THAT.

2: WHY DO YOU CARE HOW PEOPLE TALK AND WRITE ON THESE POSTINGS?

3:IM GONNA DEFEND BOXCUTTA AND TELL YOU PEOPLE THAT FIRST OF ALL HE ASKED ABOUT A SIMPLE CAP AND WHERE TO GET IT. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO TURN INTO SOME NEGATIVE HIP-HOP "BLACK" THING. ITS SAD THAT SOME PEOPLE DONT WANT TO ACCEPT THAT SOME OF DR CULTURE AND MUSIC HAS TO DO WITH AFRICAN SLAVES THAT LIVED ON THE ISLAND. GO DOWN THERE AND TELL ME THE SKIN COLOR OF ABOUT 60%-70% IS NOT AT LEAST BROWN OR BLACK. AN EVEN EASIER TASK: LOOK UP ALMOST ALL OF THE DOMINICAN BASEBALL STARS AND TELL ME THIER SKIN COLOR. JUST LET IT BE.

BOTTOM LINE IS ALL HE DID WAS ASK ABOUT A HAT.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
haitianobeisbol said:
TELL ME WHAT HE SAID THAT WAS NEGATIVE.
WTF!? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

What he said was not negative, it was how he said it.

<b>step 1 YO</b>, first off you <b>gotta</b> watch the new lil' wayne video to know <b>whattafuck</b> im talkin about. After step 1, reply to this.
1st Mistake: No need to curse and gotta is not a word.

Where can i <b>cop</b> that dominican <b>fitted</b> he got on <b>son</b>. that <b>****</b> is straight FUEGO <b>son</b>
2nd Mistake: Again with the cursing for no apparent reason, Son= I'm not his child.

If your looking for it too, i have a site that a dominican fitted thats hot but not as <b>sick</b> as the one im <b>talkin</b> about.
3rd Mistake: Sick? Who is sick?, talkin is spelled talking

WWW.HATLAND.COM and go to the mlb section and you'll see it. i just got 2 of <b>em</b>, but i <b>mos def</b> need the one from the video. holla back if u got <b>somethin</b>. UNO
4th mistake: Em= not a word, mos def? Are you talking about the rapper. Somethin= Something, Holla= End it better

My point is; You have got to know how to talk to your audience. You would not go to a formal party dressed in street clothes or go to court in baggy jeans, a wife-beater and du-rag on!.
In this forum grammar is somewhat important and should not be "ghetto", want to be "ghetto" go to Migente or Blackplanet. Informal okay, but not "ghetto".
Nobody in this forum talked about "Blacks" or any other racial problem, everything is NOT a racial issue because what I stated was not a racist comment, just a known fact.
I am young and I read your forum and I know that you are young as well but most of the people on DR1 are old timers not use to our American slang. His big mistake was not knowing his audience and how to express himself, something taught in Speech1000, a class you should take in College.

Hip-Hop culture has had a negative affect on the American culture, I can give over one hundred examples but that is for another topic. Trust me I have read up on this subject and have had many personal experiences.
"Gangsta Rap is Wack"- Will Smith

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Then they'll curse "the man" the rest of their lives wondering why they only make minimum wage.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
I understand this fitted hat stuff and anyone can make those. What I want to know is where do you get the fitted hats with the bill on the back? Must be a very special design.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
say what!??

"Why would you laugh about a SKINNY sankie doing his thing?" Because I thing it's the funniest **** to watch in the DR.

"which title do you relate to--- SKINNY or Sankie or Thing?" Sorry, I don't relate to any of these choices. I relate to Dominicano de pura cepa.

"Did anyone ever inform you , that having a hard-on is not a sign of personal growth !!!!" No, nobody ever informed me of that. But thanks for "enlighting" me.

"Come back when you have lived the answer !!!!" I don't know what you're preaching on this one so I'm leaving it blank.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
The only stupid thing Boxcutta did (besides call himself Boxcutta) was post on DR1. What could have directed him to this site? In his defense, he sounds like a typically brain dead teenager. Nothing unique to his generation or hip-hop, although hip-hop has done a great job of calling attention to itself. He might be a nice kid who speaks normally when he's visiting his grandmother. - D

Status
Not open for further replies.