Get READY For the Big Party and the

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Most gigantic get together of DR1 people ever in the DR.

Scott's Annual Party in Sosua on Thanksgiving (traditional US date) This is #4

Held at Rockys Blues Bar and Restaurant:
#22 Calle DR. Rosen (around corner from Harrisons Jewelers) Sosua,Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic 809-571-2951 or rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com for Reservations

Time 6:30 by reservation only (please note that we always fill every seat and many people do NOT get to have the meal because we can only serve 100 dinners) Without reservations you will only be able to have cocktails but no food which is fine but you miss a fabulous meal as always.

Menu: Traditional Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings, dessert and coffee at a price 299 pesos unless we have a tremendous fluctuation in the Peso in the next 2 months.

Folks this is the 4th Annual Thanksgiving Bash I have thrown in Sosua at Rockys. Everyone was bigger than the previous one and everyone has a blast.

We sell this out WAY in advance EVERY year so don't be left out this year. Contact Marco@ Rockys by either sending email to rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com or by calling 809-571-2951

If you need help booking rooms please post here since we have a few people that have rooms/apartments available and if we run out we will scour the whole of Sosua to accomodate you.

Please let me know if you are going to attend as soon as possible because I try to keep a running count in the message thread.

Scott

(edited to add price and quantity of dinners)

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And you're assuming that people around the globe should know what date the American Thanksgiving falls on right? ;)

pas

Jun 7, 2004
hello

ohhh....sounds great....
butt have to go back home on the 10nov.......
to bad ...

scott
see you at rocky's

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Scott, can you put me down as "probable"? It is still a little too far away for me to confirm.

Larry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
25th of november. thats the exact date. I am coming for sure if I am not in atlanta, but for drinks only.
AZB

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Escott said:
Most gigantic get together of DR1 people ever in the DR.

Hello,

although I'm quite unknown to many of you I want to give it a try. Would it be a nice idea to have this event covered by a professional photographer?

If the idea is appreciated, I could put the photographs up on a protected website for preview and then sell prints (any size up to very large format) for a resonable price.

About me: I'm German. Have lived the last year in Miami and am now here in Sosua working on a new project.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
missed again!

I'll be there on Friday the 26th. Can I get leftovers? Will be in town for 2 weeks. Hope to see a lot of DR1'ers

Bob H.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I don't know about the rest of the folks that will be attending but I just purchased a 8 megapixel Nikon Digital and plan on taking a lot of photos, if Mr. Chiri comes he is a professional Photographer and was the photographer to the last President, Rami is hopefully going to come and he also is a Professional Photographer. There will be many others who are good amateur photo takers as well.

I don't think you should think of this as a purely commercial opportunity for you although a lot of business goes on at these functions by accident.

Why not just come and meet the people, bring business cards, a portfolio and maybe take some photographs and put them up on the DR1 website for everyone to see and download. If you are good people may hire you in the future.

What do you think?

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Escott said:
Why not just come and meet the people, bring business cards, a portfolio and maybe take some photographs and put them up on the DR1 website for everyone to see and download. If you are good people may hire you in the future.

What do you think?

Sounds like a very good idea. How to book dinner for two? PM to you?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
locofoto said:
Sounds like a very good idea. How to book dinner for two? PM to you?
Contact Marco at Rockys. email and phone along with directions are listed on the first post. You should stop in and try the ribs even before the big dinner since they have a great rep.

See you for dinner!

Escott

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll let you know later. I'm aiming for Jan. or Feb. but if I get a last minute deal you never know. I'll call Marco if that happens

T

TiberiusMineola

Food for thought?? Driving at night ! ! !

This is a very nice time; I've attended oncce or twice. PROBLEM: DRIVING AT NIGHT IN THIS %&*x#* COUNTRY!! Almost suicidal!! I avoid it at nearly all costs. This affair would be nice for me if @ 4:00 PM, or [perhaps] 5:00 PM. I live in POP, not a long drive, but hazardous!! Food for thought. I'm old; my eye sight is going. At my age, eye sight is the 2nd thing to go! Show some mercy. Food for thought. Thank you.

Dec 9, 2002
Bummer!

I would have loved to be there again, but I don't arrive until the Monday after :disappoin Have a cuba libre for me!