I Just got Married w/a Dominican how long will it take for her to come here in PR??

raylusion

Jun 1, 2004
my name is Ray i just got married on august,21,2004 what is the process and how long will it take for my wife to come to live w/me or for here to get a temporary visa what is the procees and where do i need to go Thanks,Do I need to go back To the DR??Sorry for the question you guys proballay see these questions everyday just curious thanks Ray

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
Somebody get this guy some info so he can live happily ever after

raylusion said:
my name is Ray i just got married on august,21,2004 what is the process and how long will it take for my wife to come to live w/me or for here to get a temporary visa what is the procees and where do i need to go Thanks,Do I need to go back To the DR??Sorry for the question you guys proballay see these questions everyday just curious thanks Ray

I dont get the question, where did you meet and marry your wife and where did you two live.

haitianobeisbol

Snap... Arrrrrr!
Aug 28, 2004
I See

raylusion said:
i live in PR and she lives in santiago what do i need to do to get her a visa

Well i dont know and i wouldnt try to attempt on giving you an answer but you can search the we and find some government web sites. Maybe you can try other chat rooms or forums if you dont get the answer from here.

Well, GOOD LUCK and i hope you can live with her in PR happily ever after.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
haitianobeisbol said:
Well i dont know and i wouldnt try to attempt on giving you an answer but you can search the we and find some government web sites. Maybe you can try other chat rooms or forums if you dont get the answer from here.

This Haitiano Besibol guy is a moron! with CAPITOL (M) stop hijacking the thread.

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
raylusion said:

She needs to apply for a fiancee visa at the US consulate in Santo Domingo. It's a difficult process. There is so many abuse that the US wants a proof from you that the marriage is true and not a trick to enter the US seeking work and a better live.

You can do everything on your own or contact an immigration lawyer - a good one that really knows this stuff and has good contacts to immigration as well as the US embassy in SD.

Entering the US legally has become quite difficult ...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Do you know

haitianobeisbol said:

anything (haitianbaseball) about the archives of this board. If you want to help this guy you need to undertstand this forum contains MORE information about this subject than any misdirected site you're sending him to.
Please stop, think, learn what this forum is all about and you too will benefit greatly

JOHN

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
locofoto said:
She needs to apply for a fiancee visa at the US consulate in Santo Domingo.

At this point since he is married to the lady, the fiancee visa is out of the question and he needs to apply to bring in his wife, which I understand can be easier ( some say) or a lot harder ( others say) as they seem to criticize the legitimacy of a marriage outside the US than bringing a fiancee into the US then marrying within 90 days.

Raylusion: unless you are really hard up for money - go to an immigration lawyer in PR ( who will no doubt know a fair bit about Dominican-American relationships) and get advice on the forms, processes and waiting times. I suspect you will be spending the better part of a year doing this, though at least you can visit on a 1 hour flight more easily than a mainlander.

You have your work cut out doing the marriage thing - how long were you a couple before you got married? The longer the better. Start saving all the photos, bills and proof of the times you were together, phone records, etc., they look at all this stuff to see if this is a DR girl trying to get into the US, to then leave or if it is sincere.

And haitanbeisbol is doing what we've seen some other newbies do - post for the sake of posting whether he has a topic, knowledge or advice to offer.

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
Visa

ricktoronto said:
At this point since he is married to the lady, the fiancee visa is out of the question and he needs to apply to bring in his wife, which I understand can be easier ( some say) or a lot harder ( others say) as they seem to criticize the legitimacy of a marriage outside the US than bringing a fiancee into the US then marrying within 90 days.

Raylusion: unless you are really hard up for money - go to an immigration lawyer in PR ( who will no doubt know a fair bit about Dominican-American relationships) and get advice on the forms, processes and waiting times. I suspect you will be spending the better part of a year doing this, though at least you can visit on a 1 hour flight more easily than a mainlander.

You have your work cut out doing the marriage thing - how long were you a couple before you got married? The longer the better. Start saving all the photos, bills and proof of the times you were together, phone records, etc., they look at all this stuff to see if this is a DR girl trying to get into the US, to then leave or if it is sincere.

And haitanbeisbol is doing what we've seen some other newbies do - post for the sake of posting whether he has a topic, knowledge or advice to offer.

The fiance visa is available for spouses as well as for fiancees. For a fiancee it is a K-1 visa. For spouses it is a K-3, but the process and forms are the same. See www.uscis.gov for forms and information.

ritzy

Jun 17, 2004
Actually the forms are different. Fiance visas use form 129F (in addition to many others) and spousal visas use I-130. As far as I know the spousal visa takes longer because the spouse receives residency as a result of the visa whereas for the fiance visa there are more forms to fill and adjustments of status to go through once the marriage takes place. There is a lot of information online or you can call and talk to an attorney. Attorneys usually do not charge any fees for an initial phone call and can clear up a lot of confusion.

Good luck!

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
K-3 Visa

ritzy said:
Actually the forms are different. Fiance visas use form 129F (in addition to many others) and spousal visas use I-130. As far as I know the spousal visa takes longer because the spouse receives residency as a result of the visa whereas for the fiance visa there are more forms to fill and adjustments of status to go through once the marriage takes place. There is a lot of information online or you can call and talk to an attorney. Attorneys usually do not charge any fees for an initial phone call and can clear up a lot of confusion.

Good luck!

While the I-130 is pending, spouses can use the I-129F to apply for a K-3 visa. See the 'Life Act' and #11 here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-129F.pdf

raylusion

Jun 1, 2004
Thanks Guys!

i just wanted to say thanks a lot for helping me out you guys i'm going back to santiago in Oct 8 can't wait and once again thanks again1 :cheeky:

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Wats The Problem

ERICKXSON said:
This Haitiano Besibol guy is a moron! with CAPITOL (M) stop hijacking the thread.

Ive been reading on here for a few days and noticed alot of negativity towards haitianbaseball. I have read nothing wrong that he said here and this is a forum in which to post your opinion. Thats how America runs. He looks like a good kid with good ideas and voices his opinion well. He doesnt let some of the haters let him down.

Sometimes you just gotta chill out

Uno!

spiderman

Jun 17, 2002
puropapi3 said:
Ive been reading on here for a few days and noticed alot of negativity towards haitianbaseball. I have read nothing wrong that he said here and this is a forum in which to post your opinion. Thats how America runs. He looks like a good kid with good ideas and voices his opinion well. He doesnt let some of the haters let him down.

Sometimes you just gotta chill out

Uno!

Dude this haitiano guy is a Moron,if he cant help or doenst know anything at all about then he shouldnt say anything at all. its common sense. el nombre del lo implica todo.

DRInMySoul

Aug 30, 2004
spiderman said:
Dude this haitiano guy is a Moron,if he cant help or doenst know anything at all about then he shouldnt say anything at all. its common sense. el nombre del lo implica todo.

even IF in alot of ppl opinions he has nothing better to say, plz lets not start with that...no more DR/HAITI drama plz!!

quietstorm

Nov 2, 2004
ricktoronto said:

You definitely seem to know your stuff and I'm kinda in the same boat with a simple but probably common question. I am in the process of marrying a woman from DR, and I live in US. I am aware of all the forms and process, but I'm really curious about the turnaround time as to fastest approval you may have heard of.

Thanks a bunch ;)

SNNYC

Oct 18, 2004
Good Luck

First Of All I Agree With Puropapi3 About Everyone Making Harsh Comments To Haitianobeisbol. Don't Let This Be A Haitian Vs. Dr Thing. Dr Really Need To Let That Go B/c Both Countries Are In A Struggle Right Now.
Now On The Question Asked. The Fiancee Petition (k-3 Is The Way To Go Now That You Have Already Married. It Would Have Been Easier If You Would Have Waited On The Marriage And Did The K-1 Fiancee Visa. That's Ok, As Long As You Have Ample Proof To Present To The Consular's Office In Dr At Your Interview, You Have A Chance. Now Once You Are At The Interview Make Sure You Are Prepared For Any And Everything Possible As Far As Questions And Presenting Proof.