i want to move to DR (2005)

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
:confused: hello everyone i am new to the forum...i'm ( gimabella)

i currently hold an Associates degree in Business Management and will complete my BA in Economics hopefully by net summer...i am 22 y/o born in NYC and my PArents are Dominican which means that i am very familiar with S.Domingo and more or less on how things are over ther when it comes to the commute and the exhange rate......now please dont come down on me i am single and noooooooooo kids what so ever, i think this will be a good chance for me to come to live to the country knowing how crazy things are and realizing that i will be making a s back and not forward if i leave the USA to go to DR, but im willing to take the chance and move to Dr and see how things work out for me..i have a place to stay and a car over there so thankfull yi wont have to waste my salary on housing and/or vehicles............

now..my new friends............
i am seeking any information that will be helpful form you guys regarding the employment status over there , with this new governement and all i ahve high hopes that by the time i decide to come and join many of you the governemnt and the economy will be better than it is today...i guess my

-first try would be seeking employment through the Amer. embassy ( i currently work for the govern't here in NY)

-second option would be an American company such as Verizon and many of those in the free zone sector,

and plan 3 would be branching out on my own, with my own consulting firm which will service the Marketing, Small business, investment sector>.somehting like that i m not quiite sure on how my business will work but have some sort of an idea.....
can someone help me out here with any information...........[/COLOR]

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
Gracias

oh hey,, i 4 got to mention im fluent on both English and Spanish...........
and what kind of salary should i expect i know it may no tbe much but somehtings a start..right

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Gimabella said:
oh hey,, i 4 got to mention im fluent on both English and Spanish...........
and what kind of salary should i expect i know it may no tbe much but somehtings a start..right
Fluent "on" English - maybe
Writes immaculate English - not so far

Just my humble impression...

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
please don't start picking on me know...much less on my grammer i believe this site has freedom of speech which allows us to write the way we please..
i'm just trying to get a feel as to what this forum is like don't welcome me by perfecting my grammer (paulino) no offense given just a thought

right?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Now Is The Perfect Time!

You are young,single,with no responsibilities! You can get by with little money to start.You are enthisiastic,and optomistic.Go for it! You can do as much as possible from the USA,but not until you are actually here,will you be able to really get started!If things work out,great,if not,you have a great fall back position,the USA! Cris Colon

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As Long As She Has No "Hidden Agenda" why not?

Since her post didn't start out;"I met this guy on the animation team when I was in the DR last month"."We are in love and I want to move to the DR to be with him!"She has a chance to be successful!
So Gimabella,confess,are you coming here to be with a dominican guy you met?
If you say yes,I take back my first post! Cris Colon

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Gimabella what I don't understand is if your parents are Dominican then maybe you have one or two relatives that can tell you just how things are there and what to expect for wages.

But CC is right you need to move there for a while and search out your job options. Very hard to find a job from another country. Most of us on DR1 either don't live there, are retired and living there or are selfemployed which I'm sure took mucho dinero and time.

Good luck in your search

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
No.,...nada De Eso

:p NO NONE OF THAT.........IF I WANT DOMINICAN GUYS I CAN JUST GO TO WASHINGTON HEIGHTS NYC LOL..

NO HONESTLY I HAVE NO INTEREST IN GOING AFTER A SUMMER FLING OR ANYTHING IN THAT MATTER, HONESTLY Y PORFAVOR CREAME...

MY DESIRE TO EXPERIENCE LIVING IN DR IS DERIVED FROM THE HUMBLENESS OF THE PEOPLE , THE PEACE I FEEL WHEN I GO TO THE CAMPO
( WE ARE FROM NEYBA TOWARDS THE SOUTHERN POINT OF THE COUNTRY)..THERE IS NOTHING LIKE GOING TO THE CAMPO AND JUST SITTING IN THE GALLERIA........
I DONT JUST WANT THAT ON VACATION I WANT THAT FOR A LONG TIMEEEEEEEEEEEE

I ALSO WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE WORK ENVIRONMENT ,,I'VE SEEN FROM LIVING HERE IN THE USA AND NYC THAT THE LIFE HERE IS TO ROUTINAL EVERYOINE REGARDLEES OF ETHNIC BACKGROUND ALWAYS SEEM TO BE IN A RUSH , HATE THEIR JOB, THEIR SALARY OR SOMETHING WEIRD .......

I FEEL THAT I CAN ACHIEVE SOMETHING LIVING IN DR I CAN LIVE A COMFORTABLE LIFE WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT HALF MY SALLARY BEING TAKEN FOR TAXES, AND MANY THINGS RELATED,
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO DO MY MBA OVER THEIR IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE GOING TO SCHOO IN DR....IM THINKING ABOUT INTEC OR PUCMM.......AS U CAN SEE I HAVE MANY THINGS I'D LIKE TO DO...
I DONT COME FROM A STUCK UP FAMILY OR A FAMILY WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW TO ACT IN PUBLIC.,WE ARE VERY HUMBLE PEROPLE, AND I HAVE BEEN RAISED IN A MIDDLE CLASS DOMINICAN HOUSELHOLD WE WE CAN ADJUST TO ANY LIVING CONDITIONS...............

THANK GOD FOR MY MOMS HARD WORK IN REALTY IN DR I WILL HAVE MANY OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO LIVING SOMEWHERE...............

I'M READY TO GO,,,,,,,,THE ONLY THING KEEPING ME HERE IS TRYING TO SAVE MORE MONEY,,,,,AND FINISHING MY DEGREE............
KNOW IF I MEET A NICE MAN THEN AMEN....BUT IM NOT GOING OVER CAUSE OF A BOYFIREND OR SOMETHING...........

IM

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
Yeah True..

Anna Coniglio said:
Gimabella what I don't understand is if your parents are Dominican then maybe you have one or two relatives that can tell you just how things are there and what to expect for wages.

But CC is right you need to move there for a while and search out your job options. Very hard to find a job from another country. Most of us on DR1 either don't live there, are retired and living there or are selfemployed which I'm sure took mucho dinero and time.

Good luck in your search

HEY ANNA,
WELL YEAH I HAVE MANY RELATIVES STILL IN DR AND ARE DOING VERY WELL.........THEY HAVE TOLD ME HOW THINGS ARE BUT U KNOW HOW DOMINCANS EXAGGERATE......
YEAH I HAVE HEARD THAT WITH MY SHOES I CAN EXPECT A SALARY OF ABOUT 8,000 -15,000 IF IM LUCKY BUT IM WILLING TO TAKE THE CHANCE AS OF TODAY 9/1/04 I HAVE ENOUGH SAVINGS TO HOLD ME FOR A YR BUT IF I HAVE A JOB I'LL BE BETTER OFF..

I PLAN ON EVENTUALLY PUTTING UP A SMALL BUSINESS IN CONSULTING.........

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Gimabella said:
YEAH I HAVE HEARD THAT WITH MY SHOES I CAN EXPECT A SALARY OF ABOUT 8,000 -15,000 IF IM LUCKY

That's in pesos per month right?

Well you need to experience life go for it.;)

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
Ay Si Chica

Anna Coniglio said:
That's in pesos per month right?

Well you need to experience life go for it.;)

SI MANITA....UNFORTUNATLY PESOS PER MONTH...BUT I HAVE HIGH HOPES I'LL DO WELL....
CONSIDERING I WON'T HAVE TO SPEND IT ON
(1) LIVING WE HAVE HOUSES AND APTS. RENTED OUT, I CNA JUST OCCUPY ONE OF THEM

(2) CAR NOTE..I CNA DRIVE, AND KNOW HOW TO GO WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO SOME PLACES FOR KNOW

(3) MAID--I CAN COOK DOMINICAN..

IF IM NOT MISTAKEN THE AVERAGE DOMINICAN SPENDS THEIR SALARY ON THESE , WHICH RESULTS IN TO THEM COMPLAINING " DISQUE LA COSA PACA TA JODONA" OR TU TA LOCA , ESO NO DA PANA" JEJJE :p

BUT BE AWARE..I DONT PLAN ON LIVING IN MY MOMS HOUS AND KEEPING IT FROM MAKING ITS PROFIT FOR LONG....I PLAN ON STAYING THEIR UNTIL I GET MY FOOT ON THE GROUND AND CAN GO OUT AND PURCHASE MY OWN HOUSE WHICH WILL BE SOON HOPEFULLY...........

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Since her post didn't start out;"I met this guy on the animation team when I was in the DR last month"."We are in love and I want to move to the DR to be with him!"She has a chance to be successful!
So Gimabella,confess,are you coming here to be with a dominican guy you met?
If you say yes,I take back my first post! Cris Colon

Criss , that is pefect :cool:
Loved it.....

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
American PP

Goodmornign all

i have an American PP will this be able to repalce a cedula, or will i eventually have to get a Cedula.....?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Gimabella said:
Goodmornign all

i have an American PP will this be able to repalce a cedula, or will i eventually have to get a Cedula.....?

A cedula is an ID card, not a passport. You will need to go through the residency process to obtain a cedula. You will still retain your USA passport unless you try and denounce your citizenship and become a Dominican, not as easy as it sounds. Anyway, before you do that, you need to be a resident :)

Read the many posts and info on this site in relation to cedulas and obtaining residency.

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
American Passport

hey all,

so i do need a Cedula regardless is i have my passport or not,..ok thats simple.............

will it take me as long as it does a person from another country wihtout any ties to the country of DR

my mom and dad are both born Domincans willt hem beign this help me in getting it any sooner than most foriegners or will it be just the same?

i'll look into those forum'

gracias
Gima

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To Anyone Who Is Moving To The DR Because "Taxes" are low,

Look for another peg to hang your hat! Taxes/Fees are very high,and getting higher as we speak!! You now pay 12% tax on almost everything you buy,goods,AND services! This is definately going up! If you go to a restaurant to have a meal,under the proposed new tax and the automatic 10% service charge,a 1,000 peso meal will cost 1,250 pesos,now about that "Tip"!
There is an income tax that i'm sure will be increased.CCCCCCCCCCC