Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this medicine available? (Terbinefina)

Can someone tell me if the drug Lamisil or the generic spanish name Terbinefina is available in the north coast area of the DR? I am looking for 250mg tablets. They are extremely expensive in the US and I would get them in the DR when I am down in November if I can find them. Pharmacy locations and price would be nice but not necessary. I can find that out when I get there. Do I need a prescription or is it available over the counter? Thanks for any help.

Bob H.
    Last edited by appleman; 09-01-2004 at 12:06 AM. Reason: added question

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife uses it. Cream and pills available. No prescription. A generic also available. Seems expensive in the context of the DR, but maybe not for somebody coming from the US.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy price?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    My wife uses it. Cream and pills available. No prescription. A generic also available. Seems expensive in the context of the DR, but maybe not for somebody coming from the US.

What's expensive?? in DR context?
    like they said, price and location's?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lamisil - Terbinafin (Novartis)

Shopped and shopped and shopped for Lamisil. It came to around $100 for 28 tablets of 250 mg Lamisil. That was the best price we could find and that was at a Sirena pharmacy (in Santo D). No prescription needed. It is around $300 for same in the US. So I guess that is a bargain.
    -----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by appleman
    Can someone tell me if the drug Lamisil or the generic spanish name Terbinefina is available in the north coast area of the DR? I am looking for 250mg tablets. They are extremely expensive in the US and I would get them in the DR when I am down in November if I can find them. Pharmacy locations and price would be nice but not necessary. I can find that out when I get there. Do I need a prescription or is it available over the counter? Thanks for any help.

Bob H.