Is this medicine available? (Terbinefina)

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Can someone tell me if the drug Lamisil or the generic spanish name Terbinefina is available in the north coast area of the DR? I am looking for 250mg tablets. They are extremely expensive in the US and I would get them in the DR when I am down in November if I can find them. Pharmacy locations and price would be nice but not necessary. I can find that out when I get there. Do I need a prescription or is it available over the counter? Thanks for any help.

Bob H.

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My wife uses it. Cream and pills available. No prescription. A generic also available. Seems expensive in the context of the DR, but maybe not for somebody coming from the US.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
price?

Ken said:
My wife uses it. Cream and pills available. No prescription. A generic also available. Seems expensive in the context of the DR, but maybe not for somebody coming from the US.

What's expensive?? in DR context?
like they said, price and location's?

wunderone

May 12, 2004
Lamisil - Terbinafin (Novartis)

Shopped and shopped and shopped for Lamisil. It came to around $100 for 28 tablets of 250 mg Lamisil. That was the best price we could find and that was at a Sirena pharmacy (in Santo D). No prescription needed. It is around $300 for same in the US. So I guess that is a bargain.
-----------------
appleman said:
Can someone tell me if the drug Lamisil or the generic spanish name Terbinefina is available in the north coast area of the DR? I am looking for 250mg tablets. They are extremely expensive in the US and I would get them in the DR when I am down in November if I can find them. Pharmacy locations and price would be nice but not necessary. I can find that out when I get there. Do I need a prescription or is it available over the counter? Thanks for any help.

Bob H.