Dominican American National Roundtable

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
wow great

hey .

I would like to come, what are the procedures i'd have to follow ?
the site isn't to detailed :(

Gima

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Registration Procedures

Register on line at www.danr.org for faster service.

Else following information is needed:
Name:
Organization/Company:................ Title:
Mailing address:
City,State, zip:
Phone:........Fax:
Email Address
(If student: Are you enrolled Y/N; name of school
And be sure to provide a valid student identification at time of registration)

Provide credit card number (& method of payment):
e.g. Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover/Check

Expiration Date:
Card security Code
Full Name (as it appears on the card):

Conference fee: Adults: $150
Students: $75
CUNY Students: $50

Mail or Fax to
DANR
1050 17th St., NW Ste. 600
Washington, DC 20036
tel: 202-238-0097
fax: 202-238-9078

Hope to see you all there.

Gimabella said:
hey .

I would like to come, what are the procedures i'd have to follow ?
the site isn't to detailed :(

Gima

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
It would be nice if the DANR provided more transparency about the conference agenda & speakers. We have theme, and speaking & eating hours, but zero on who will be speaking and what specific topics they intend to address. "Education and Civic Participation" covers a multitude of issues....

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I believe they are still waiting to confirm the speakers. If you have any questions I would suggest contacting Cid directly. Given the recent challenges, I believe they are trying to do the best they can under the current circumstances to put together this conference. Your support will be appreciated. This is the single most important fundraiser to keep this organization thriving. Again, this is the only organization that represents all Dominicans in the US.
Best-
D

Keith R said:
It would be nice if the DANR provided more transparency about the conference agenda & speakers. We have theme, and speaking & eating hours, but zero on who will be speaking and what specific topics they intend to address. "Education and Civic Participation" covers a multitude of issues....

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Is Anybody A Member

I was wondering if anybody is a member of DANR, I have viewed there site a couple of times the past months deciding whether I should join, but I was wondering what are the benefits and what exactly do they do? Also what are the benefits for a student?

Also does anybody have info on these organizations? Is A Member?
Dominican Bar Association http://www.dominicanbarassociation.com/index.html
Dominican Dream
http://www.dominicandream.org
Hispanics Across America
http://www.haamerica.org

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
There are a multitude of benefits that you can receive as a student if you join any of these organizations. The primary benefit is a discounted membership fee and the networking access of being exposed to prominent Dominican-Americans throughout the US. These organizations serve to nourish and assist the up and coming new generation. You are their target audience.
80% of all US Dominican children under the age of 18 are US Citizens. This is a cadre that needs to be honed and trained to become involved in the US political process to effect change within our communities in need.

As student, many of these organizations can facilitate and expose you to scholarship, leadership training, and intenships. For example, one of the long standing programs is the Dominican Internship Program in Washington, DC co-hosted by DANR and the GDP (Grupo Profesional Dominicano de Washington). Within this program we have brought students from a wide range of schools such as Harvard, U Penn, Princeton, Fordham, Seton Hall, Bronx Community College and PUCMM (in DR).

These organizations are still growing into their own, meaning in establishing and implementing a national agenda of issues. As such, a large membership base is critical to building political power within the US, especially at a grassroots level as is needed given our population at a national level. The building of power through an established constituency is more valuable than gold to effect change through building power alliances and effecting change in communities of color.

I strongly urge and encourage all US Dominicans to become involved.

For the Dominican Bar Association visit www.dominicanbarassociation.com or contact Julissa Gomez at julissa_gomez@hotmail.com

I am firm believer that before we, as Dominicans, can help the Dominican Republic we must first obtain and exercise our power base here within the US and at a national level, specifically out of Washington, DC. Because it is only then we will have real leverage and effect change in DR.

Best of luck in your decision making. Hope to see you at the DANR conference.

capodominicano said:
I was wondering if anybody is a member of DANR, I have viewed there site a couple of times the past months deciding whether I should join, but I was wondering what are the benefits and what exactly do they do? Also what are the benefits for a student?

Also does anybody have info on these organizations? Is A Member?
Dominican Bar Association http://www.dominicanbarassociation.com/index.html
Dominican Dream
http://www.dominicandream.org
Hispanics Across America
http://www.haamerica.org

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
im a Cuny Chica

hey..

wow thanks i'll be sure to check this out

maybe i cna possibly even join sicne i would love to meet many Dominicans throughout the country who as my self are able and willing to hold the Country in big and appreciate our background , im currently attending Hunter College Economics Major within CUNY and will take advantage at the small fee..

muchas gracias
ill let u know if i come..........

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Conference Overview

DANR Conference
Cid Wilson, the president of the Dominican American National Roundtable Conference that took place from 17-19 September, declared the event ?a success.? Wilson reported that approximately 500 leaders from all over the United States and Puerto Rico attended the assembly of Dominicans living in the US. Speakers at the event included Congressman Charlie Rangel (NY), Congressman Anthony Wiener (NY), Senator Juan Pichardo (RI), Manhattan borough President C. Virginia Fields, Bronx borough President Adolfo Carrion, Mayor David Cicillini of Providence RI and Mayor Brian Stack of Union City NJ.
President Leonel Fernandez was forced to cancel his attendance due to Hurricane Jeanne, but First Lady Margarita Cede?o de Fernandez acted as his stand-in. DANR honored Ramona Hernandez and Silvio Torres-Saillant for their leadership in making the Dominican Studies Institute at City College an exemplary institution.
For more information, see http://dr1.com/news/2004/092104_danr.pdf

principe

Nov 19, 2002
There is also a group called Dominicans on Wall Street, it is actually part of DANR. I find it to be helpful in networking opportunities