Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferenheit 9/11

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ferenheit 9/11

I've checked the "carteleras" from Santiago all the way to San juan, (for months) to see more or less the average time it takes a movie to reach DR1; no one on the island has had Michael Moore's "FARENHEIT 9/11" ; is it a sign that the powers that be would rather suppress a documentary that bashes the American government, simply becuase they "take care" of us? or is it that perhaps it would open Latin Americans' eyes as to the true intentions of of our "DEMOCRACY".?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad, I own a copy and loved the movie. It had me think about a lot of stuff. I lend it out to everyone I know and tell them it's a must see!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizen68
    I've checked the "carteleras" from Santiago all the way to San juan, (for months) to see more or less the average time it takes a movie to reach DR1; no one on the island has had Michael Moore's "FARENHEIT 9/11" ; is it a sign that the powers that be would rather suppress a documentary that bashes the American government, simply becuase they "take care" of us? or is it that perhaps it would open Latin Americans' eyes as to the true intentions of of our "DEMOCRACY".?

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody is trying to silent anybody. There just isn't a market for the movie. There are too few people who have heard about it, and even fewer who would pay to see it.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Most people couldn't careless here. They have their own government to worry about, why care about another...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Michael Moore

Michael Moore is one of the least objective people on earth!!! He absolutely has an agenda with every breath he takes. I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in this movie, especially someone from another country, unless they want to be brain washed by some hate monger.

I'm not defending Bush, personally I think he's a moron.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Most people couldn't careless here. They have their own government to worry about, why care about another...
    Yeah who cares about this worthless stuff put together by Micheal moore, lets get some more movies here about arab terrorists and how people kill others in the name of religion. Thats what the public wants "fiction".
    Anyway you can't talk about anything here that hasn't been covered on CNN. If it hasn't been covered in CNN or Fox news, its not true. You know that.
    If you would like a crude version of this movie on a CD rom, let me know. I will give you one if you are close to santiago.
    Regards,
    AZB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CyaBye3015
    Michael Moore is one of the least objective people on earth!!! He absolutely has an agenda with every breath he takes. I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in this movie, especially someone from another country, unless they want to be brain washed by some hate monger.

I'm not defending Bush, personally I think he's a moron.
    Agenda or not, all news media has an agenda on their mind in USA. tell me this, is it not true what he say? Don't call him a hate monger, ask : is he telling the truth?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AZB
    Yeah who cares about this worthless stuff put together by Micheal moore, lets get some more movies here about arab terrorists and how people kill others in the name of religion. Thats what the public wants "fiction".
    Anyway you can't talk about anything here that hasn't been covered on CNN. If it hasn't been covered in CNN or Fox news, its not true. You know that.
    If you would like a crude version of this movie on a CD rom, let me know. I will give you one if you are close to santiago.
    Regards,
    AZB
    Hey..! it's a top hit in Cuba... hurray for Fidelito...!

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Azb

Well, we don't care about Canadian politics either... so? What's your point?

If you wan't to see it and PAY for it, good for you. I don't and I don't.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default But, but, but...

Maybe I am moving away from the main subject of this thread now, but I find the comments by Pib and Robert very interesting if they are viewed on a general scale.

I have the impression that many things lack a market in DR and are such that people couldn't care less about them. This is the fundamental problem for me (if I may express my personal view) when considering living in DR and not only view it as a tourist destination.

I mean... suppose I do care and suppose I do want to see the Moore film!?(Regardless what I might think about Moore and his agenda.)

Okey, I'll leave the issue before somebody crucifies me for being critical...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast