Ferenheit 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
I've checked the "carteleras" from Santiago all the way to San juan, (for months) to see more or less the average time it takes a movie to reach DR1; no one on the island has had Michael Moore's "FARENHEIT 9/11" ; is it a sign that the powers that be would rather suppress a documentary that bashes the American government, simply becuase they "take care" of us? or is it that perhaps it would open Latin Americans' eyes as to the true intentions of of our "DEMOCRACY".?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
That's too bad, I own a copy and loved the movie. It had me think about a lot of stuff. I lend it out to everyone I know and tell them it's a must see!!

Kaizen68 said:
I've checked the "carteleras" from Santiago all the way to San juan, (for months) to see more or less the average time it takes a movie to reach DR1; no one on the island has had Michael Moore's "FARENHEIT 9/11" ; is it a sign that the powers that be would rather suppress a documentary that bashes the American government, simply becuase they "take care" of us? or is it that perhaps it would open Latin Americans' eyes as to the true intentions of of our "DEMOCRACY".?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Nobody is trying to silent anybody. There just isn't a market for the movie. There are too few people who have heard about it, and even fewer who would pay to see it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most people couldn't careless here. They have their own government to worry about, why care about another...

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Michael Moore

Michael Moore is one of the least objective people on earth!!! He absolutely has an agenda with every breath he takes. I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in this movie, especially someone from another country, unless they want to be brain washed by some hate monger.

I'm not defending Bush, personally I think he's a moron.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Robert said:
Most people couldn't careless here. They have their own government to worry about, why care about another...
Yeah who cares about this worthless stuff put together by Micheal moore, lets get some more movies here about arab terrorists and how people kill others in the name of religion. Thats what the public wants "fiction".
Anyway you can't talk about anything here that hasn't been covered on CNN. If it hasn't been covered in CNN or Fox news, its not true. You know that.
If you would like a crude version of this movie on a CD rom, let me know. I will give you one if you are close to santiago.
Regards,
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
CyaBye3015 said:
Michael Moore is one of the least objective people on earth!!! He absolutely has an agenda with every breath he takes. I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in this movie, especially someone from another country, unless they want to be brain washed by some hate monger.

I'm not defending Bush, personally I think he's a moron.
Agenda or not, all news media has an agenda on their mind in USA. tell me this, is it not true what he say? Don't call him a hate monger, ask : is he telling the truth?

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
AZB said:
Yeah who cares about this worthless stuff put together by Micheal moore, lets get some more movies here about arab terrorists and how people kill others in the name of religion. Thats what the public wants "fiction".
Anyway you can't talk about anything here that hasn't been covered on CNN. If it hasn't been covered in CNN or Fox news, its not true. You know that.
If you would like a crude version of this movie on a CD rom, let me know. I will give you one if you are close to santiago.
Regards,
AZB
Hey..! it's a top hit in Cuba... hurray for Fidelito...!

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
But, but, but...

Maybe I am moving away from the main subject of this thread now, but I find the comments by Pib and Robert very interesting if they are viewed on a general scale.

I have the impression that many things lack a market in DR and are such that people couldn't care less about them. This is the fundamental problem for me (if I may express my personal view) when considering living in DR and not only view it as a tourist destination.

I mean... suppose I do care and suppose I do want to see the Moore film!?(Regardless what I might think about Moore and his agenda.)

Okey, I'll leave the issue before somebody crucifies me for being critical...

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
Music said:
That's too bad, I own a copy and loved the movie. It had me think about a lot of stuff. I lend it out to everyone I know and tell them it's a must see!!
I didn't see it, however I'm very familiar with the Michael Moore M.O.(sarcastic comedy);I read "Down size this!", "Stupid White Men" and "Dude, Where's My country?" interesting stuff.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Voyager

If you do want to see it you will see it. Trust me. Maybe not in the cinema but you can see it. I know what the movie is about, I have heard both sides of the argument, and at this point it will not change my point of view on anything so why waste two hours of my life on it and 150 pesos? No frigging way!

BTW, Moore says he doesn't mind people watching pirated versions of his movie as long as they don't make a profit out of it. Make of that what you want.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Voyager said:
Maybe I am moving away from the main subject of this thread now, but I find the comments by Pib and Robert very interesting if they are viewed on a general scale.

I have the impression that many things lack a market in DR and are such that people couldn't care less about them. This is the fundamental problem for me (if I may express my personal view) when considering living in DR and not only view it as a tourist destination.

I mean... suppose I do care and suppose I do want to see the Moore film!?(Regardless what I might think about Moore and his agenda.)

You could probably rent it out on DVD... :classic:

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Pib said:
Well, we don't care about Canadian politics either... so? What's your point?

If you wan't to see it and PAY for it, good for you. I don't and I don't.

But that is precisely the problem, Pib!!! If somebody wants to see the film and is willing to pay for it, they can't!!! Because it is not distributed in DR!
I wanted to see it in Santo Domingo together with some friends and then discuss the subject matter but no could do. Sigh!

So I saw it in Paris on my way back to Saudi...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Voyager said:

When in Rome, do as the Romans do!

This is a COUNTRY and it's called the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, not McDonalds.

------ End of thread -------

Status
Not open for further replies.