laptops

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
I would like to buy a laptop, but with all the choices available, I am confused. I would like to get one for about US $1,000. It would not be used for business. I do a little writing, so it would be helpful when I am away from home. I need just a good dependable machine with the basics. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

zaratustra

Apr 6, 2004
strasser3133 said:
I would like to buy a laptop, but with all the choices available, I am confused. I would like to get one for about US $1,000. It would not be used for business. I do a little writing, so it would be helpful when I am away from home. I need just a good dependable machine with the basics. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

You could find it in "Compuhelp" located in Plaza Gazcue, Ave. M?ximo G?mez

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
pay much less

If all you need is a laptop to write, then you shouldn't pay more then $700 US and possibly even less. A word processing program is not a cpu demanding program so you can get by with an older not so new processor. Like a pentium 3. Shop around.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
you should be able to find a laptop pc for around a grand or a little over it capable of fulfilling your needs. A laptop with a 40gig Hard drive and 256MB of RAM memory should be decent, although I prefer 512MB RAM so it can handle whatever programs you run at the same time without much hesitation by the laptop. The more popular brands now with lower price offerings are the Compaq, HP, Dell brands. Just make sure it has at least a CD burner (and it probably will) in case the need to burn something comes up. Ohh, and a 1.6 or 1.8Ghz Pentium processor is good. If you need one a little cheaper, look for one with a Celeron prosessor.

strasser3133

Nov 21, 2003
quejeyoke said:
you should be able to find a laptop pc for around a grand or a little over it capable of fulfilling your needs. A laptop with a 40gig Hard drive and 256MB of RAM memory should be decent, although I prefer 512MB RAM so it can handle whatever programs you run at the same time without much hesitation by the laptop. The more popular brands now with lower price offerings are the Compaq, HP, Dell brands. Just make sure it has at least a CD burner (and it probably will) in case the need to burn something comes up. Ohh, and a 1.6 or 1.8Ghz Pentium processor is good. If you need one a little cheaper, look for one with a Celeron prosessor.

Thanks for the suggestion. Strasser.