Motoconcho Bikes?????

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
Does anyone know the make or model of the motorcycles that are used as motoconcho's in DR. I was trying to find a pic online but can't remember the model name. I think it's a yamaha or kawasaki?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
santanatwins said:
Does anyone know the make or model of the motorcycles that are used as motoconcho's in DR. I was trying to find a pic online but can't remember the model name. I think it's a yamaha or kawasaki?
The most popular model in Sosua is the Yamaha 115.
In other parts of the country, it varies and could be the Honda 70.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I would say pretty much anything that runs on 2 wheels and can fit 2 people or more... :classic:

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
Correct model

Thanks for the info....after looking on google I found the correct model

Yamaha rx 135....

But I didn't find the Honda 70. Do you know what the correct model number or make is?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
135 vs 115

santanatwins said:
Thanks for the info....after looking on google I found the correct model

Yamaha rx 135....

But I didn't find the Honda 70. Do you know what the correct model number or make is?
Actually, the most popular is the 115 around here. They say that although not quite as quick as the 135, it is a lot more reliable.
If you need a pic of a Honda 70 and can't find one, send me an e-mail and I'll take one out in the streets and send it to you.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
The most popular

bike at the present time here is the Suzuki AX 100. This is a very reliable bike with easy to get parts and a proven track record of dependability.

Rick

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rick Snyder said:
bike at the present time here is the Suzuki AX 100. This is a very reliable bike with easy to get parts and a proven track record of dependability.

Rick
Where is here?

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I'm sorry Rocky

as most of the regulars don't know me and I haven't meet any of you yet, I live in El Seybo and was talking about the eastern half of this beautiful island. As my only owned means of transportation is my bike, which is a Suzuki AE100, and have that motorcyclists habit of checking out all other bikes on the road, it is with this that I make my statement.

Rick

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
santanatwins said:
YAMAHA 115 2 strokes.

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Like 5... or 7?

KateP said:
I would say pretty much anything that runs on 2 wheels and can fit 2 people or more... :classic:

"More" is certainly the operative word here!

I'd love to see SHadley add some examples to his "Transportation" page.