Voting in the US presidential elections

anonymous1960

Jul 7, 2004
My last post was erased, I think because it looked political.
I just wanted to point out that US citizens can now register to vote from DR.

There is a website that lets you do that. It was created by Democrats, but anybody (Democrat or Republican) can register to vote from here.

I am not posting the site again, but please send me a private message and i'll give you the site.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
anonymous1960 said:

There is a website that lets you do that. It was created by Democrats, but anybody (Democrat or Republican) can register to vote from here.

I am not posting the site again, but please send me a private message and i'll give you the site.

Can you explain how one sends a private message? I've never done it.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Hmmmmmmm........

Shouldnt this thread be shut. They are talkin bout politics in US (its soooo FORBIDDEN even though it involves us that live in America) and haitiano baseball got critisized for asking about the elections before.

mharshman

Sep 23, 2003
ERICKXSON said:
well i didnt know you were able to vote while abroad is just like Dominicans in the US and other countries, very interesting.

where can i register?
At the American Embassay

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Register.

anonymous1960 said:

You do not have to go to the Embassy. I have posted a link below where you can obtain information to register.

You follow the instructions from the link to obtain the printable forms to register, fill out the necessary information and make sure it gets forwarded by courier or mail to the correct election commission address for your stateside voting location established by your current or former U.S. address. Once they receive the form and have you listed on their voting list you then can then request an absentee ballot from them. You have to have a mailing address of a mail forwarding service such as EPS or Business mail or the address of somebody stateside you trust to which the election authority can mail an absentee ballot for subsequent onward forwarding to you in the Dominican Republic.

When you receive the absentee ballot follow the enclosed instructions and send the ballot back to the address they specify. You need to act quick to allow some wiggle room, usually absentee ballots are mailed to voters 35 days prior to an primary election and 21 days prior to a general election ( may vary in some states)

BTW, PJT just posted his absentee ballot today from Bavaro for his state primary in order to renew my license to criticize American politics.

Link:
www.eac.gov/register_vote.asp?format=none

Regards,
PJT