best resort

foratag

Jan 6, 2004
Which resort on the north coast would you recommend if price were not a concern? thanks

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
foratag said:
Which resort on the north coast would you recommend if price were not a concern? thanks

I know that this is posted in the 'living' section so i dont want to look too dum but............do you mean which is the best because you are considering moving to the DR?

If you add a few details about your circumstances and desires then i am sure everyone will be able to give you loads of helpful info. :)

foratag

Jan 6, 2004
tired boy,

good point....

My wife and I want to take my mom somewhere nice for 8 days. Looking for a luxury resort, but something more naturally beautiful, not gaudy, if you know what I mean. Not being a fan of "bad buffets/headache liquor", we'd prefer it not be an "all inclusive" place. Thanks for any suggestions.

william

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
foratag said:
tired boy,

good point....

My wife and I want to take my mom somewhere nice for 8 days. Looking for a luxury resort, but something more naturally beautiful, not gaudy, if you know what I mean. Not being a fan of "bad buffets/headache liquor", we'd prefer it not be an "all inclusive" place. Thanks for any suggestions.

william
You have to check out Hideaway Beach. They advertise right here and boy did that place impress me! Scott

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
Scott is right. Check out Hideaway Beach. I just returned form a 10 day vacation there and it was pure paradise.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'll 3rd what Scott and DMLVT are saying. Very nice spot!

DMLVT, how about a review? Also, how did you find the place?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
DMLVT said:
Scott is right. Check out Hideaway Beach. I just returned form a 10 day vacation there and it was pure paradise.
Puleeeeeese tell Robert you found it here:) He will be in a much better mood if you do!

I really liked the place and was thinking when I went there that it was the only place on the North Coast I could send my family to with of course the exception of "my condos" which are equal to their 2 bedrooms.

Escott

PS> I am usually right although some people don't like to admit it:)

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
Robert,

I purchassed a villa there about a year ago. There are 15 condos and 3 villas. They have a great restuarant. The staff is very polite and most speak english. The beach is beautiful, but has big waves. The staff will arrange tours, massages and horse back riding. It's a small, very quiet relaxing place. I wish I could spend more than a couple weeks a year there, but retirement in just around the corner.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Congrats on the villa! They are real nice and the location and the quiet are fabulous. The owner has extended an open invite for me to visit there. He is a real nice guy.

You must know Dr. Bruce? He moved to the DR permanently.
Scott

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
foratag said:
tired boy,

good point....

william

If you are looking for something, that's the epitomy of luxury and nbor being all Inclusive with money not an object, than Sea Horse Ranch is the best that you can find anywhere.
The villas are absolutely ifabulous with private pools, huge yards and all the amenities you can drem of .
One of the villas, ocean front even comes with a staff of 5 includingh a cook.
So far all the clients I had stay at the property had nothing but a great praise about it.
If you need more info , do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Hideaway Beach

Escott said:
You have to check out Hideaway Beach. They advertise right here and boy did that place impress me! Scott

Scott,

I am so glad you liked the Hideaway beach as I value your opinion and you put my mind at ease. I am doing a wedding there for one of the memebrs of the cast from Law and Order in July and they are there now to check out the property.

I just started to marked the proeprty and the owner is great to work with and she will allow all types of discounts to get people introduced to the resort.

Now, I can relax a bit, as that's the only property I market, that I haven't seen or stayed at, but it was highly recommended to me also by one of the owners of the villas at Casa Linda, that I work with for a long time and value his opinion also.
Good to know that someone else really liked it.

Until I see you in Sosua soon, I hope this winter for sure!!!!!

Last edited: