Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best resort

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default best resort

Which resort on the north coast would you recommend if price were not a concern? thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foratag
    Which resort on the north coast would you recommend if price were not a concern? thanks
    I know that this is posted in the 'living' section so i dont want to look too dum but............do you mean which is the best because you are considering moving to the DR?

If you add a few details about your circumstances and desires then i am sure everyone will be able to give you loads of helpful info.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

tired boy,

good point....

My wife and I want to take my mom somewhere nice for 8 days. Looking for a luxury resort, but something more naturally beautiful, not gaudy, if you know what I mean. Not being a fan of "bad buffets/headache liquor", we'd prefer it not be an "all inclusive" place. Thanks for any suggestions.

william

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

And you did say non-AI - right.

www.villa-castellamonte.com/index.shtml

Let me know how you make out.

Gregg

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

tired boy,

good point....

My wife and I want to take my mom somewhere nice for 8 days. Looking for a luxury resort, but something more naturally beautiful, not gaudy, if you know what I mean. Not being a fan of "bad buffets/headache liquor", we'd prefer it not be an "all inclusive" place. Thanks for any suggestions.

william
    You have to check out Hideaway Beach. They advertise right here and boy did that place impress me! Scott

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott is right. Check out Hideaway Beach. I just returned form a 10 day vacation there and it was pure paradise.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll 3rd what Scott and DMLVT are saying. Very nice spot!

DMLVT, how about a review? Also, how did you find the place?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMLVT
    Scott is right. Check out Hideaway Beach. I just returned form a 10 day vacation there and it was pure paradise.
    Puleeeeeese tell Robert you found it here He will be in a much better mood if you do!

I really liked the place and was thinking when I went there that it was the only place on the North Coast I could send my family to with of course the exception of "my condos" which are equal to their 2 bedrooms.

Escott

PS> I am usually right although some people don't like to admit it

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

I purchassed a villa there about a year ago. There are 15 condos and 3 villas. They have a great restuarant. The staff is very polite and most speak english. The beach is beautiful, but has big waves. The staff will arrange tours, massages and horse back riding. It's a small, very quiet relaxing place. I wish I could spend more than a couple weeks a year there, but retirement in just around the corner.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the villa! They are real nice and the location and the quiet are fabulous. The owner has extended an open invite for me to visit there. He is a real nice guy.

You must know Dr. Bruce? He moved to the DR permanently.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast