Father Daugther dance

kurly

Sep 5, 2004
I'm getting married in two weeks and I need help finding a song for dancing with my dad. We're looking for a beautiful spanish song. Open to any suggestions? Except Tiempo de vals . . . Chayanne. It's too played out. Thanks.
:confused:

kurly

Sep 5, 2004
Father daughter dance

This are real good songs but you think is good for father a daughter dance.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
kurly said:
I'm getting married in two weeks and I need help finding a song for dancing with my dad. We're looking for a beautiful spanish song. Open to any suggestions? Except Tiempo de vals . . . Chayanne. It's too played out. Thanks.

hi there,

Try Alex Ubego ' SIN MIEDO A NADA'. Its a nice romantic song. Good luck

dcareamama

Jul 22, 2004
Does it have to be in Spanish...

kurly said:

Well, I waited to see if you got some suggestions before replying since you asked for a song in Spanish. Rght now, I can't think of any that would be appropriate to dance with your father. I am sure there are many, but nothing comes to mind right now. For what it is worth, I did not dance to a Spanish song with my dad. My husband is American and thus we had a very mixed crowd at our wedding, so we went with a mixture of music. My dad is a huge fan of American music from the 50's, 60's and 70's so we danced to the Temptations "My Girl". My husband danced to Louis Armstrong's "It's a Wonderful World" with is mother. Our dance was to Nat King Cole's "Our Love is Here to Stay".

I suppose you could always do an instrumental song (i.e. "Guantanamera" or of course the ubiquitous "Girl from Ipanema")

We also had Spanish music - from old merengue classics ("Ca?a Brava", "Compadre Pedro Juan" and the likes) to Juan Luis Guerra's modern tunes. Hope that helped.

Last edited:

w1ley

Sep 2, 2004
there is a beautuful song called "Mi Nina Bonita" that is about a father who had wished for a son and had a daughter instead and how he grew to love her. It is used alot in spanish weddings. Johnny Albino y su Trio made it famous but there are many more artists who recorded it. i hope it helps.