Melia Juan Dolio?

Tory Dent

Sep 3, 2004
Has anybody stayed at the Melia Juan Dolio? I'm wondering whether I should book a vacation there. Any word on the quality?

Also, how is the nightlife in Juan Dolio these days? I remember two places Chocolate Bar and Cafe Giulia -- are they still open? Any better nightlife spots now?

And how is Guayacanes doing? Is that restaurant Delicius still on the beach, and is the Horoscopo bar still around?

Thankyou,

Tory

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Tory Dent said:
Has anybody stayed at the Melia Juan Dolio? I'm wondering whether I should book a vacation there. Any word on the quality?

Also, how is the nightlife in Juan Dolio these days? I remember two places Chocolate Bar and Cafe Giulia -- are they still open? Any better nightlife spots now?

And how is Guayacanes doing? Is that restaurant Delicius still on the beach, and is the Horoscopo bar still around?

Thankyou,

Tory
I don't think Melia owns that resort anymore. I am not sure who took it over. When I was living across the street from it not many tourists went there. Most of thier business came from the Dominicans on the weekends and the politicians. I did not hear complaints around town about the resort though. The Chocolate Bar and Guilla's are both still there. If Buckeye Chucks Sports Bar is still on the corner next to Capella you can found out what's hot and what's not in town now. People usually hang around there earlier in the evening to makes plans on where to go later. I can't give you any information about Guayacanes since I haven't been there recently.
I think a nice place to stay is at Plaza Real in Jaun Dolio. It is not an A1 but they have just about anything you need there. Good luck and have fun! Be sure to let us all know about your trip.