School in the DR

Angelita

Jun 4, 2003
I have a question for school in the DR. How many years require you to complete Elementary School and how many for Secondary School? If you could give me the years for each that would be great! Also what age would you be when completing Secondary School? If you have been successful with each year, of course. I think it may be 16 or 17 but not certain. Does anyone know the name of the Secondary School closest to Montellano, by chance? Although that may be pushing it, ha ha.

Thanks so much, as always the DR1 is the best source for any questions pertaining to the DR! Love it!!

Angelita ;)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
DR school system starts with pre-school at two years old. You can do four years of pre-school. Then grade school starts with children being six years old and goes from 1-6th grade (6 to 11 years old). Then middle school (media) is 7th and 8th (12 and 13 year olds). And then high school is known as primero, segundo, tercero and cuarto de bachillerato (9th/14 years, 10th/15 years, 11th/16 years and 12th grade/17 years). This is the same for private and public school systems. Of course, a person could graduate with 18 years or any other age depending on how long they take to finish school.

Angelita

Jun 4, 2003
Ohhh and one other thing....

What month does Secondary School End in the Dominican Republic?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
June

I am sure that the Liceo in Montellano has a name but I don't know it..

HB