*** Warning System ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is a modification to the board we have introduced in an effort to help us moderate it better. Moderators and DR1 will now be able to warn people if they step out of line and apply points depending on the type of warning given.

Moderators can only warn people in their own forums, but they do have access to see a particular posters ?warning history?.

So how does it work?

If a poster accrues 6 points they will automatically have their access to the board restricted for 7 days. You will be able to read the board, but that?s it, all other functions will not work.

Type - Points:
Spamming - 2
Personal Attack - 2
Hijacking - 2
Off Topic - 2
Religion & Race - 3
Moderator Abuse - 6

You will automatically receive a PM if either a moderator or DR1 issues you a warning.

Your current warning level can be seen under your post count.

Any questions or issues, let us know.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Moderator Abuse, 6 pionts

Can you be a little more specific on moderator abuse? I have a history.
Charlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm trying this out so can we send a warning first without the points? Or do the points have to go with the warning?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Anna Coniglio said:
I'm trying this out so can we send a warning first without the points? Or do the points have to go with the warning?

Nope, just apply the points and the system will automatically send out the warning.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
chuckuindy said:
Can you be a little more specific on moderator abuse? I have a history.
Charlie

Chucky I would think it's up to each moderater to decide if you are being abusive to him/her. I promise to warn you in public a few times first. :laugh: :laugh:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Robert said:
This is a modification to the board we have introduced in an effort to help us moderate it better. Moderators and DR1 will now be able to warn people if they step out of line and apply points depending on the type of warning given.

Moderators can only warn people in their own forums, but they do have access to see a particular posters ?warning history?.

So how does it work?

If a poster accrues 6 points they will automatically have their access to the board restricted for 7 days. You will be able to read the board, but that?s it, all other functions will not work.

Type - Points:
Spamming - 2
Personal Attack - 2
Hijacking - 2
Off Topic - 2
Religion & Race - 3
Moderator Abuse - 6

You will automatically receive a PM if either a moderator or DR1 issues you a warning.

Your current warning level can be seen under your post count.

Any questions or issues, let us know.

Is this DR1's version of the Eurovision song contest? Whom will be Terry Wogan might I enquire? :D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Is there a timeframe for the points accrued? i,e, do they stay ad infinitum until someone becomes sin binned, last 7/14/30 days & are then removed or reduced daily/weekly with GOOD behaviour, or what??

If we offend a moderator & get punished with 6 points, does sucking up to them get us reduction in points? This IS the Dominican Republic after all??!! I'll have to sort out my stock of "propinas" for the moderators over the next few days!!! - Grahame.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Robert said:
Type - Points:
Spamming - 2
Personal Attack - 2
Hijacking - 2
Off Topic - 2
Religion & Race - 3
Moderator Abuse - 6

with such strict rules, I bet I will be the first one landing in the sin bin.
No one can have fun in Dr1 anymore.
AZB
wait, how may points for insulting DR1?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
AZB said:
No one can have fun in Dr1 anymore.
AZB
If only I had a peso for every time you've said that.

"What do you mean DR1 is going to be on the internet! I don't like that, I like it better when we write our messages and send it to all posters with pigeons. I don't think this is going to be fun".

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
BushBaby said:
Is there a timeframe for the points accrued? i,e, do they stay ad infinitum until someone becomes sin binned, last 7/14/30 days & are then removed or reduced daily/weekly with GOOD behaviour, or what??

If we offend a moderator & get punished with 6 points, does sucking up to them get us reduction in points? This IS the Dominican Republic after all??!! I'll have to sort out my stock of "propinas" for the moderators over the next few days!!! - Grahame.

A warning lasts 30 days.

I might even have a system so that you gain good points for good behaviour. That way you can sell or gift people that need them :)

Then again...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What about overly foul language? For example if f***, a** or any other "bad" word shows up more than "x" times in one post...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Robert said:
A warning lasts 30 days.

I might even have a system so that you gain good points for good behaviour. That way you can sell or gift people that need them :)

Then again...

This is just a little too much! Reminds me of someone called "Helga" with whips and chains. Geez Robert, I'm all for progress but I thought you said a cool feature? A "cool punitive feature" would be a better description.

Yeah yeah, I know, don't let the door hit me on the buttocks when I leave. :nervous: Seriously, is this really necessary? Will it make the moderator's lives easier? Seems a little bit of overkill to me. :ermm:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chris said:
This is just a little too much! Reminds me of someone called "Helga" with whips and chains. Geez Robert, I'm all for progress but I thought you said a cool feature? A "cool punitive feature" would be a better description.

Yeah yeah, I know, don't let the door hit me on the buttocks when I leave. :nervous: Seriously, is this really necessary? Will it make the moderator's lives easier? Seems a little bit of overkill to me. :ermm:

A lot goes on that you never see.

Time will tell...

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
It's Robert's Message Board

It's Robert's message board and he has stated the guidelines clearly, based on his vision for his message board. He is generously providing these forums for specific purposes and many folks get enjoyment and information from them because of Robert's vision, ideology for the board, and eagerness to keep things 'on track'.

Thanks Robert. I appreciate what you're doing so much...that I will respect your guidelines as long as I have the privilege of membership in DR1 forums.

Justin

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Religion and race

Robert--Please give an example of "religion and race "sins . How is the subject taboo? Do you mean "something" that sounds racist? Do you mean NEVER touch the subject if Islam?
Need some clarification here.

JOHN

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Justintime said:
It's Robert's message board and he has stated the guidelines clearly, based on his vision for his message board. He is generously providing these forums for specific purposes and many folks get enjoyment and information from them because of Robert's vision, ideology for the board, and eagerness to keep things 'on track'.

Thanks Robert. I appreciate what you're doing so much...that I will respect your guidelines as long as I have the privilege of membership in DR1 forums.

Justin

Actually, it's not my vision, this message board has been molded just as much by it's posters, as Dolores or myself.

Sometimes we have to try something new to see if it has an impact.
If it doesn't, then it goes, simple as that.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
sjh said:
It is just like driving in NJ, except you dont have to pay 1000s in car insurance too..

Plus we smell better :)

I actually think it will be fun. 4 points and 6 days to go, that's going to be one nice person on the board :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It will lighten the load for Robert and Dolores if we can handle things in our own forums. There's very few members :rolleyes: that need to be warned but it's there just in case.