Plug Adaptors..

KelleJ507

Aug 4, 2004
Hi,

Does anyone know what plug adaptor i would need to take to DR with me? I am coming from England on Monday!

Thanks,
Kelle :cheeky:

Listerrose

May 31, 2004
Take a US 110 V Flat Pin plug Adaptor - I bought one in ASDA a week or so ago for my upcoming trip to Playa Dorada. They will be readily available in most Supermarkets, Boots and or Electrical shops like currys or comet etc.

If you have any other questions PM me if you like regardsless of how trivial you might think it is, it's always best to be fully prepared, our up coming trip will be our fourth.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
KelleJ507 said:
Hi,

Does anyone know what plug adaptor i would need to take to DR with me? I am coming from England on Monday!

Thanks,
Kelle :cheeky:

The power (when it exists) is the same as USA 110V/60 Hz AC, so in addition to the two or three slot adapter (some plugs have 2 prongs, some three - two on top on round one under for ground) , remember that unless you have a dual voltage power supply such as an adapter for a computer or battery charger etc. that you can switch to 110-120V you won't have enough voltage to power 220V/50Hz AC things you use at home like a hair dryer. Some devices use the line frequency (50 Hz or 60hz as the case may be) to operate, like motors.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
ricktoronto said:
The power (when it exists) is the same as USA 110V/60 Hz AC, so in addition to the two or three slot adapter (some plugs have 2 prongs, some three - two on top on round one under for ground) , remember that unless you have a dual voltage power supply such as an adapter for a computer or battery charger etc. that you can switch to 110-120V you won't have enough voltage to power 220V/50Hz AC things you use at home like a hair dryer. Some devices use the line frequency (50 Hz or 60hz as the case may be) to operate, like motors.

In addition, without a currency convertor, loading devices takes twice as long

Hel

Aug 4, 2003
Hiya, we were in DR in May and I bought my adaptor over there, it only cost pence, so probably a lot cheaper that a shop over here. :glasses: