Dentist Wendy Juma in Sosua

mcrt

Sep 7, 2004
I've been considerering a trip which would include getting some crowns done in the DR. I hear that Wendy Juma in Sosua is quite good. Does anyone here have experience with getting a crown from her. Any ideas (even rough) on the price for that work?

I tried calling the phone number I have for her yesterday and the person who answered spoke only Spanish, unfortunately I am a typical American and speak only English. Does she speak English? Can someone give me her number. I'm not sure if I have the correct one and the person who answered might have just been baffled.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Get in touch with

KEN...he posts here as Ken. !!

He knows her well.

So do I but I am in Santiago and he is in Sosua...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My wife and I have had crowns, root canals, etc., done by Wendy. She speaks enough English to interact with the patients in the chair.

Her equipment is not the latest, but she is clean, very nice, and very capable. We go and recommend her to others.

If you are coming from the US, her charge will be a fraction of what you would pay there.

If you want me to contact her to set up an appointment, send me a pm or email with the necessary information. Or mywife and I can go with you when you arrive to meet her and make an appointment.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
My Dominican Novia uses someone in Sabenta. Claims all the dentists in the Sosua Caberete are not as good as the ones in Sabenta or just uses that as an excuse to see her other boyfriend.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wendy.

Jimmydr said:
My Dominican Novia uses someone in Sabenta. Claims all the dentists in the Sosua Caberete are not as good as the ones in Sabenta or just uses that as an excuse to see her other boyfriend.
Make that boyfriends, Jimmy.
Wendy has a great reputation in Sosua, both for her work and prices.
We have had many guests make special trips just to have their dental work done by her.
It would seem that it more than pays for the trip, if you need a lot of work done.

mcrt

Sep 7, 2004
Thanks for the info. Thanks to Ken I found out the information I needed. Unfortunately Wendy is going to be out of the office for September, which is when I will be there. Such is life. Thanks everyone for the help.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I have used Wendy too, she is the best.
Another very good one is Freddy Lepez on Calle Duarte in Puerto Plata.
He is fluent in English, have descent rates, lots of foreigners goes to him.
Educated here and in the US. He works with his wife, and they are also active in a few foundations for kids here in Puerto Plata.
He works by appointment, and is open from 8 in the morning.
If you need any assistance or help, just pm me and I will be happy to assist you.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
X-ray

Escott said:
I heard that Wendy doesn't have an X-ray. Could that possibly be true? If it is I wouldnt take that chance.
I don't think that many dentists have X-ray machines in their offices.
As best as I know, they all send you to POP to a specialized X-ray clinic before doing the work.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I have not been to many dentists here in POP, but they always have had x-rays.
Freddy Lepez have that.
I have also been with a friend to Dr Ivan Rivera on 27 de Febrero, he also have x-rays.