Funniest threads of DR1....time to vote!!!!!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Robert has indicated a willingness to place a "voting system" of the funniest threads of the year (as voted by members of the DR1 board)!

In order to get the voting going, we need the threads that you can nominate as "flat out funny". Voting can go on continuous so that at the end of the year the thread in first place (whoever began the thread) can end up with a "prize" (as far as you know...hahahah)

Start placing you fav past threads here so Robert can "start his magic".

Nothing is sacred here....if its funny....nominate....

Dave

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This thread was in full swing when I first started reading the forums. If it was a work of fiction, as many suspected, it is pure comic genius. If it was genuine, it was unwittingly hilarious.

Hopeless love

Although there have been many amusing moments on DR1, this one stuck in my mind and has my nomination.

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
Lmao

Chirimoya said:
This thread was in full swing when I first started reading the forums. If it was a work of fiction, as many suspected, it is pure comic genius. If it was genuine, it was unwittingly hilarious.

Hopeless love

Although there have been many amusing moments on DR1, this one stuck in my mind and has my nomination.

That was a good one.

CurlyTop

Jul 7, 2004
Funnies

I am searching the archives frantically for the girl from Nova Scotia who had a very long and hilarious thread. It went on for days and it was like a bad soap opera. She took so much abuse and kept firing back with not so nice language - not to mention the grammar. She was studying to be a teacher of all things and couldn't spell to save her life. Come on, you guys know who I mean, I just can't remember her user name. There were so many times I actually laughed out loud and others in my office were wondering what I was up to. If I can find the thread - she definately gets my vote.
(PS - I think her nemisis was Miguel).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
CurlyTop said:
I am searching the archives frantically for the girl from Nova Scotia who had a very long and hilarious thread. It went on for days and it was like a bad soap opera. She took so much abuse and kept firing back with not so nice language - not to mention the grammar. She was studying to be a teacher of all things and couldn't spell to save her life. Come on, you guys know who I mean, I just can't remember her user name. There were so many times I actually laughed out loud and others in my office were wondering what I was up to. If I can find the thread - she definately gets my vote.
(PS - I think her nemisis was Miguel).

Here it is and yes that was funny

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32432&highlight=Nova+Scotia

Last edited:

CurlyTop

Jul 7, 2004
Yes Anna - thank you.
Now I can get some work done (after I read the thread again of course).
CT

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
I gotta go with this one as well: Newfie Jokes

My brother just came back from a 3 week trip from Glenwood, Newfoundland. He brought back for me bottled Moose Meat and screech so I can party with my Carribbean friends. If I can find a Cod's head at the time, we will have a screechin' party, LOL.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Chiri

Chirimoya said:

Hopeless love

Indeed that was a good thread, but I thought Fidel, who I exchanged PMs with, seemed to be legitimate.

JD

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
k1w1 said:
"No Sock Puppet Here" my nomination. (Current thread in this forum)

Haha! You beat me to it! As soon as I read it I knew I had to nominate it as the funniest thread I ever read! Unbelieveable.

Larry

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Van2004

I somehow missed that entire 2 day thread... but the best from it was the "Osama Bin AZB" blast!!!. Escott, you are unbelievable! :knockedou

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Submarine races

I submit the threads as of a few years back as the funniest. I believe they were authored by Scaramouch and Jim H., both bantering about the submarine races in Boca Chica. Did they ever bring about some loud chuckles on my part. Now, if I only could find them.

Regards,
PJT