Another Cell Question

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I have discovered that I have several cell phones around that I have not used in the past 2 years or more. I would like to give them away to some of my friends in the DR, but I am not sure if it is worth it. They are:

Samsung Model SCH-3500 Dualband CDMA locked to Sprint
Samsung Model SCP 4500, Dualband CDMA locked to Sprint
Nokia 8265 TDMA 800/1900 MHz, AMPS 800 mHz locked to cingular
Nokia 3360 TDMA 800/1900, 800 MHz Analog locked to cingular

All are in good working order.

My question is can these be taken to a phone shop (hundreds in every city) and be unlocked and useable?

If the cost is more than a good used phone in the DR I will trash them here.
Thanks
Charlie

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
badpiece33 said:
Chuck the answer is a simple yes. The Samsungs can be hooked right up to Verizon(Codetel) and the Nokias I believe can be hooked up with Tricom or verizon very easily. I like Verizon better. Can you give me one I broke mine last time down? ;)
Badpiece
Let me know which one you want and i will bring it to the wedding.
Charlie

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Chuck,

The TDMA phones will not work in the DR. The others will. For the Sprint phones, programming will be easier if you can manage to get the code from Sprint first.

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Just keep asking them...

La Profe_1 said:
For the Sprint phones, programming will be easier if you can manage to get the code from Sprint first.

If they won't give you the six digit SP/unlock codes for those phones via customer service, take the phones to a Sprint store. If you are a current customer in good standing they will be more likely to look up the codes for you when you are face to face.