lodging en route??

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
hi, we'll be in Bavaro next month - unfortunately only for a week . after originally wanting to stay at the villas princesa and take day-trips from there, I'm now rather opting for a kind of unplanned road trip with stops wherever I feel like. I dont plan to spend too much time in the car, and would rather like to avoid driving after sunset. I don't have concrete plans, definitely not enough time, the farthest I would like to go is Jarabacoa.

now my question: will it be a problem to find lodging somewhat last-minute as I move along? nothing fancy at all, but I don't intend to spend a lot of time looking and running the risk of being left without accomodation for the night. I don't need addresses but rather a general idea of availability.

this is not my first time there, and I speak Spanish.
thanks for your help
a

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you don't find a hotel along the way, you can always find a "caba?a"... these pop up close to almost every city and most have AC and hot water.

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
am I wrong about caba?as?

I was under the impression that one (respectively 2) rather spends only a few hours at a caba?a. is staying overnight well into the morning ok, especially because I'll be travelling with another girl...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you want to spend the night you can...I would say it depends on your tastes. Don't know how you feel about sleeping 2 in a bed though... My bf and I have had to stay in caba?as a few times because we weren't able to find a hotel room in Punta Cana. Some are better than others and like I said, it depends on how you take it. I just mentioned this option because unless it's a holiday or something special is going on, you can almost always manage to find a room.