Does Having a US Tourist Visa Gurantee one for Canada?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
My friend would like for her Boyfriend to spend Christmas with her in Vancouver and we were wondering if he as a 23 yr old student,with money and properties had a chance of getting a Canadian tourist visa?He has a USA multiple entry visa for 10 years and has traveled 3 times to Europe and Mexico..and always got his visas..but I hear Canada is real hard..especially if youre young..what do you think?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I concur

The US is no less harsh on issuing visas than Canada. One will almost always assist getting the other.

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well I would have said yes....having a US visa makes it easier to get a Canadian one-

based on the past experience of friends who visit us on a regular basis, however one of them is currently in the States visiting family and he is having problems renewing his Canadian visa (it expired last year) to come visit us! :cry:
Methinks we may be taking an unplanned trip to New Jersey in the very near future or maybe to Pennsylvania (depending on where in the states he is when we can arrange to go!)

On a side note.....youngest son weathered Frances with no major problems (altho' the flooded river in Lithia that was featured in an AP photo story was only six blocks from where he lives) and is now preparing for Ivan. Depending on how Ivan tracks coming from Cuba his area could be hit harder than either Charlie or Frances! :nervous: